What does SnD stand for? Supply and Demand? Sinus Node Dysfunction? Sanitary Napkin Disposal?
- Slice and Dice, see Rogue skills Gringo 09:57, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
--Bleu 19:15, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
Who added a picture of a woman on a horse for the helmet icon for Battleworn Tuskguard???? --08:12, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
- User:Scoobbyy. Kill him.-- 16:26, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
- Like a woman riding a horse :/ 01:58, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
Yeah i would assume soScorpx3 23:23, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
Great Picture Edit
Love the picture of Hex Lord... Gotta love the raid bars too --Thursday 17:15, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
- Well, I took it at a time there was no better one. Please take a better one, it's gonna add a lot more relevance to your statement.-- (talk) 17:49, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
- I disagree, it's been really awkward to speak a lot about a boss no one could even visualize.-- (talk) 18:41, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
Advanced tips Edit
- Try killing 2 and keeping 2 cc'ed; this frees up 2 people to dedicate themselves to DPS and other utilities eg. Having the shackled mob killed mean priest is free to cleanse mind controls, having sheeped mob killed free up mage to decurse the curse of doom / spell steal paladin wings / lifebloom and counter spell heals etc. The dps and utility you gain will make the fight quicker and safer.
- If you are going to retain crowd controls make sure your cc'ers renew cc's before spirit bolts. Warlocks / priests should have timers and mages should have focus macros to make sheeping easier to do while dps'ing... remember its a 10 man group 3 healer + 4 people doing semi dps due to crowd control leaves 1 dps and 2 tanks.... this is a false economy it might seem controlled but remember there is an inbuilt enrage in the form of the power he gains over time.
- Rogues can cloak of shadows the spirit bolts.
- Rogues can disarm the hunter traps and need to disarm frost trap as a priority ( MT trapped cause agro drop for the duration ).
- Prayer of healing / CoH can really help if ranged group stays grouped up leaving direct healers like paladins to share the other group.
- Prayer of shadow protection / Conc aura really help.
- Make sure people who can interrupt are doing it. Warrior tanks should have enough agro by the time the adds are down to keep agro with heroic strike alone when he takes a healign classes abilities... leaving shield bash off the global cool down and simply refreshing sunder / t-clap / demo shout times after the interupt then back to HS spam untill he spirit bolts.
- make sure the interrupters are organized and not all wasting there interupt on first spell...... on priest and paladin steal he tends to try it twice don't all have your interrupts on cool down for the second one.... a rotation is more than possible to set up...... mages also make better interrupters for the paladin phase because of rogues saving cloak of shadows for spirit bolts and not being able to get in from consecrate.
- Poison cleansing totem / abolish during rogues phase OR coordinate who will cleanse while other keeps healing.
- You can also interrupt dmg casts like chain lightning.
- You can redirect frost bolts by taunting the boss ( much liek astromancer solarian ) i.e. if you taunt mid cast you will take the frost bolt not the squishes.
- If you are keeping range player grouped up for AoE healing make sure you aways have a trap down to lock it down while cc is redone and move away from it.
- Make sure you know who has curse of doom so it can be removed asap.
- Rogues / shamans / warlocks / warriors should all burn blind / heroism / howl of terror and intimidating shout at the start of the fight..... to avoid being mind controlled and using them on raid.
- Banish is by far the most powerful CC because it is not broken by trigger happy dps'ers, but it's nicely complemented with a hunters trap ( as it cannot be overwritten like other cc's ) so prob good idea for those guys to stay in communication, also being able to apply dot's and cc is easier than direct dmg and cc.
- If you only have a holy priest remember there hit rating is non existent so try and avoid having that as a permanent cc.
- PURGE or SPELL STEAL the pally wing they hurt.... they hurt bad.
- If you use cloak of shadows to escape from rein of fire tell healers because they might be expecting you to have it for spirit bolts.
- Salv may not be entirely necessary because the agro gain while raid kills 2 adds is pretty good therefore BoK may help your raid more.
- Rogue phase is free DPS burn him hard.
- Warrior phase does have spell reflect but its a tiny duration so truth is just keep dps'ing through it don't be silly though avoid pyro Cheesy
- Thorns hurt so get 5 combo points in the fewest hits you can get a rupture on then go ranged....... thorns also last longer and stay up even in spirit bolts.
- If you get battle rez / ankh / soulstone wait for spirit boltz to end before using / accepting.
- Don't do this fight without boss mods. Enemy casting mod / blizz enemy casting utility turned on etc.
- Have fun remember its more badges and loot from this guy and that jindo is exponentially easier
Gringo 10:00, 12 December 2007 (UTC)
Vodoo gnomes Edit
Does this guy have a bunch of vodoo gnome dancers like jindo? I saw the effect of his voddo mask item. I'm not sure i get the gnomes.
Dark Soul? Edit
Doesn't it say somewhere that he imprisoned something dark in his soul when he bound the animal spirits to the other trolls?Xlel 03:34, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
Spirit Bolts Edit
During the Spirit Bolts, it does 450 shadow damage every 0.5 seconds, increasing in damage (very minorly) during the fight. Having placed Shadow Protection on the raid has shown considerable usefulness in resistance. Unfortunately Dampen Magic appears to be useless aside from dampening your heals: the Bolts continue to harm at the same value. Many players who do not receive heals can fortunately survive the Spirit Bolts every time, although 1 Priest spamming Prayer of Healing to the best of their ability can easily keep one group controlled, allowing other healers to focus on the other group. Priests appear to be the best healers for this fight, due to PoM's glorious hour in Spirit Bolts, and the great efficiency in Prayer of Healing and Circle of Healing, in addition to having a simple and controllable phase when such a class's spirit is being tapped, contrary to other healing classes. On another note, the 75% rumor on draining 10% of the raid's collective power appears to be somewhat accurate. Just entering 76%, Malacrass began draining. This may be on a timer, though, but unlikely: He did it an awkward 102 seconds after engaging, with two adds down. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Furinaux (talk · contr).
- He will begin powerdraining at Spirit Bolts when his health is 80% or below. It is unrelated to the number of adds still up or downed. 22:12, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
- Indeed does neither Dampen nor Amplify Magic affect the damage Spirit Bolts deal. So it is a good idea to buff your entire raid with Amplify Magic, since you will not suffer from any addional damage but will benefit from the extra healing, making it quite easier to survive Spirit Bolts.
Shadow Resistance Edit
This fight can be made moderately trivial by having raid members come with one or two pieces of green 'of Shadow Resistance' gear to equip during the encounter. For the raid body, resisting even 20% of Spirit Bolts can mean the difference between a kill or a wipe.
A raid with an average of 100 shadow resistance will mitigate a large amount of damage during Spirit Bolts, almost a necessity if your raid is low on DPS against the powerdrain.
Additional CC options Edit
Lord Raadan can also be slept by a druid. I have seen this used to great effect on a few of my runs. Trilless 22:12, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
- That option is already listed under his entry on the tactics page. That's our preferred method. 22:36, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
Warlocks and Spirit Bolts Edit
I think it's worth noting that Demonic Sac/S&F Locks who have specd into Nether Protection are at a great advantage for this fight, as you can be immune to the damage most of the time. Not sure I would say it's worth respeccing simply for this fight, but if you have the gear for the build it really helps when the healers have less people needing healing badly. Vuarapuung (talk) 18:46, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
Malacrass on Priest powerup - fear dumps threat? Edit
It's not clarified here, but I think his priest-powered fear dumps threat. We've tried this guy a few times and I've always lost aggro after fear, and couldn't do anything to get it again. Can someone confirm/deny?
Blood elves Edit
If the amani hate blood elves so much why does one of their leaders have a blood elf working for him?