This is probably a stupid question, but through what zones can the Hinterlands be accessed - just the northeast of the Hillsbrad Foothills? Vespers 22:15, 12 April 2006 (EDT)
- Plaugemist Ravine also connects it to the Western Plaguelands. I find that flying to Aerie Peak is the fastest way to get to Scholomance from Ironforge.--Aeleas 22:18, 12 April 2006 (EDT)
- It should also be noted that Plaguemist Ravine can be located by heading slightly Northeast from Aerie Peak. --Pandaut 22:22, 12 April 2006 (EDT)
- I changed the direction from Tarren Mill back to southeast to keep it consistent with the coordinates and the starting point. --drewtown 18:23, 13 February 2008 (CDT)
I have also noticed that this page says Northron is an old name of Hinterlands, whilst its own page says it was its own location in the Aerie peaks. These two articles dont agree, and that should be changed. gadget 20:31, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
The "Highvale"? Edit
This part of the text doesn't make sense, why would they call themselves that, it sounds more like a place name, what's the source of it?--Mannerheim 08:40, 6 July 200
The name? Edit
- Actually, it is speculation that Northeron is actually the Hinterlands. Another speculation is that Northeron may be actually Northern Lordaeron. Read Northeron for more details. Rolandius (talk - contr) 11:57, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
We can see we are getting one from the pannel. SHould it have its own page, or be included here (i am not convinced it is part of this zone). Also, what pannel did that image come from? I cant seem to find it, and the information it contains is invaluable. gadget (talk) 00:44, September 14, 2009 (UTC)
- For now, just a note on the Hinterlands page. Once more solid information becomes available we can move it to its own page. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 05:02, September 14, 2009 (UTC)
- Uhmm, what we know is that: Hasic is one of the eastern ports on the shores of Lordaeron. It is affiliated with the Alliance, and serves the Great Sea. The Great Sea makes up the deep waters between the continents of Azeroth. Every single sea in the world connects to it. Northem (talk) 22:53, March 1, 2010 (UTC)]
- The Great Sea is the ocean between the continents including the waters between Azeroth (the continent) and Lordaeron (the continent). Even though all seas connect to it it is not the name of all of Azeroth's oceans. Hasic is clearly described as being on the Great Sea and in the vicinity of Southshore. The Eastern Kingdoms were already fleshes out as they are now, so except in the case of a retcon these two locations are different ones. 19:52, March 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree. But then Blizzard is known for moving known locations to completely different areas in WoW. User:Coobra/Sig4 22:17, March 1, 2010 (UTC)
Investigation about Northern Lordaeron, Northeron, Hinterlands and Aerie Peaks Edit
Regards to all, seeing the mess in relation to areas of Northern Lordaeron, Northeron, Hinterlands and Aerie Peaks and the many contradictory speculations about this issue, I plan to solve the mystery with the information we have. To do this I will go drawing conclusions or axioms, and then I'll linking them, so that everything fits. Because I am convinced that one single speculation would solve all this mess, although ideally would be this was taken as a proved fact.
Although little information we have in relation to these areas is diffuse and contradictory, as they come from different authors, surely there is a way to connect them all and come to a firm and credible conclusion.
This will take time, but do not worry, I will not change anything until I get the conclusions and you give me your blessing.
Population numbers Edit
Interesting... in the same book the population numbers don't match...
Lands of Conflict pg 98 - The Hinterlands has 13,000 (65% wildhammer dwarf, 30% forest troll, 5% high elf) with 8,000 in Aerie Peak (the capital), then on pg 100 - Aerie Peak has 13,000 (90% wildhammer dwarf, 10% high elf).
Lets see... Hinterlands has 8,450 dwarves and 650 high elves, Aerie Peak (in hinterlands) has 11,700 dwarves and 1,300 high elves... User:Coobra/Sig4 19:14, May 22, 2010 (UTC)