Eesh, is his aggro-yell really 'you are not prepared'? That seems kinda lame to me. --Sagaril 05:45, 9 May 2007 (EDT)
- Looks like nonsense to me,, but should not be in the main article. - 10:34, 14 May 2007 (EDT)
Nihilum killed him. Nice ChrisChaud 20:24, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
removed Downed sectionEdit
Reason: This is a wiki site, for information regarding game techniques, mechanics and lore, this is NOT a bragging forum. --Venixer 03:13, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- Er, this is a wiki site for recording all sorts of information regarding WoW and the whole universe. People are interested in first kills. 03:17, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
Basic outline of the Illidan Kill Video Edit
- Fight starts
- No demonic transformations
- Casts random parasites on people. Parasites last for a 9 seconds and put a 3000 dot on the victim. After 9 seconds, a couple parasitic shadowfiends will pop up, and must be killed. Nihilum uses a fire mage to burst them both down. Doesn't seem to have a lot of health.
- Flame Crash: Noted by a direct vertical jump and coming down and pounding the ground. A flaming circle shows up. Presumably does a lot of damage to anyone inside it.
- Shear: Noted by a backwards jump and dive back into the tank.
- Akama: Fights with you until 85%. Illidan calls for his "minions" to deal with the traitor, at which point Akama runs off to deal with the mongrels.
- Starts at 65%
- Illidan jumps into the air and flies around. Cannot be attacked during this time.
- Will summon two Flames of Azzinoth (fire elementals). Apparently he throws his warblades into the ground, at which point the flames come out. Only notable ability I could see coming from them were AoE flame breath attacks.
- While fighting the Flames, Illidan will toss fireballs at the raid, which do (presumably) AoE damage where they land. However, Nihilum doesn't seem to spread out much, so this may be in fact a single target.
- Another ability he uses is a laser that goes across the ground. It leaves a trail of fire, that most likely will hurt those that touch it.
- Finally, Illidan will focus on a player and purple lines will stream from him to the player. What this does is unknown.
- Starts when the Flames are both killed.
- Illidan lands.
- Uses same abilities as in phase one.
- After a while (60 seconds), Illidan will fall to the floor and transform into his demon form.
- Does a shadow blast on his target. This does AoE damage around the target. Does close to around 8000 shadow damage. A warlock with Shadow Ward must tank this away from the raid.
- Cannot use melee attacks on him. It has been said that he does a AoE attack on the closest person to him, but this is not correct. The warlock tanking him is much farther away from Illidan than many other players.
- Does a volley attack (bolts that hit everyone in the raid).
- At some point, four beholders will come out and paralyze various people in the raid. They will slowly start moving to them. The raid must move away before this happens so that they can get the most amount of time to kill the beholders. Presumably the beholders will kill their targets if they reach them.
- Demon Form lasts for about a minute. at which point he will resume his regular form.
- Starts at 30%
- He will trap the raid members, making them unable to do anything.
- Maiev will arrive to aid you.
- They talk.
- Fight starts again.
- Does not seem to have any change in abilities.
- Maiev lays traps around the area, in which the tank must drag Illidan to. This will give the raid some free time to wail on him.
Transcripts of what they say during the fight:
- Beginning of the fight
Illidan: Akama. Your duplicity is hardly surprising. I should have slaughtered you and your malformed brethren long ago.
Akama: We've come to end your reign, Illidan. My people, and all of Outland shall be free!
Illidan: "Boldly said. But I remain unconvinced."
Akama: "The time has come! The moment is at hand!"
- During metamorphosis
Illidan: Behold the power... of the demon within!
- At 30%
Illidan: Is this it, mortals? Is this all the fury you can muster?
Maiev Shadowsong yells: Their fury pales before mine, Illidan. We have some unsettled business between us.
Illidan Stormrage yells: Maiev... How is it even possible?
Maiev: My long hunt is finally over. Today, Justice will be done!
- At Soft enrage
Illidan Stormrage yells: Feel the hatred of ten thousand years!
Maiev Shadowsong yells: It is finished. You are beaten. Illidan Stormrage yells: You have won... Maiev. But the huntress... is nothing without the hunt. You... are nothing... without me.
Also Maiev says something at end, something like this: "He's right... I feel... Empty..." Kinda that. -Reply by Sasupoika
- No she doesn't. All she says is "Farewell... champions." —Pzychotix (talk · contr) 19:00, 19 June 2007 (UTC)
- Feel free to incorporate this information into the main article. —Pzychotix (talk · contr) 17:09, 17 June 2007 (UTC)
Is it true the sky above him has azeroth in it? can u see northrend? or anything odd? Cormundo 02:09, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
Tics or Seconds Edit
Well, it says standing in the two different types of flames while the Flames of Azzinoth are out deal 5k//3k damage per second - I've read on the EJ forums that they actually tick two or three times per second and thus standing in, say, two green flames is effectively an instant death.
So, do the flames deal 5k damage per tick, multiple ticks per second, or only one or two thousand damage a tick, and multiple ticks per second (I believe it's the former).
Also, Flame of Azzinoth tanks need full FR.
Notes from someone whos done itEdit
the fight has been nerfed alot, apart from the wall of text tactic needing to be tamed here are some points
- the Eye blast is shadow damage if it hits a tank, this WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY kill the tank, the trail on the ground however is FIRE, it is not worth avoiding these trails they do about 2k dmg per tick, which is fire gear is 500 dmg~ perfectly healable. Someone needs to call out where the eye beams are coming from and which tank needs to move, its hard to spot with a huge fire elemental filling your screen.
- the flame patches stack with themselves and deal nasty damage, just move out of them when you have to
- the parasites have been fixed for start of phase 5, they are all unsummoned when the shadow prisons are cast
- Also he doesn't get stuck in demon form for the entire fight if you get him to 30% during phase 4, i've seen this personally, he started transforming and then reached 30%, he turned into demon then cast couple of shadow bolts, then transformed back to elf form without summoning demons, he the ran straight the warlock tank and cast shadow prison, after the event was over, 1 BoP on the warlock and he ran straight back to the MT, perhaps there was a misdirect to
- i never did the fight before it was nerfed, but it is now possible to heal through illidans enrage, if a trap is in a tricky spot, just ignore it, it is far better to just heal the enrage and keep dps, than get unlucky with draw soul and heal him for 100k x number of people being hit. You have 8~ healers with only the MT to heal, and perhaps 2 people with agonising flames (which is very slow damage)
- The warlock tanking p4 needs max Shadow res, the healers should call out if they get Shadowy Demons on them because then he will lack healing
- Flame burst, bandage the first, fire pot the second and heal the third, the flame burst splashes around you, so 2 people standing close together take double damage, 3-4 people standing to close and people will die
the fight is very very controlled (once you have learned it), and suprising easy (tbh, council and bloodboil scare me more :P)
This section was ripped directly from Boss Killers. This is blatant copyright violation and needs to be removed. Putts 20:27, 12 January 2008 (UTC)
I noticed that right now, I'm glad it was removed. Bajo 19:30, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
IS there a quest that requires his head or anything? Because if not he could be still alive.
- Yes. Whatever happened to the whole 'speculation on Illidan's living status needs to cease' thing?-- 23:15, 3 April 2008 (UTC)
Thanks, and the second part of your comment I dont recognise so I donk know hehe