i'm a little confused about invisibility. tooltip says actions taken breaks it but i've made some observations...
- i can start casting a fireball while fading out.
- i think if i'm already invis i will cast a fireball (say at another invis'd mage) but the moment i start casting i come out of invis
- I can usually pop perception or mana shield or fireward while fading... don't know if i can pop it while invis'd and stay invisible.
- i heard some fights like Curator you can't invis out of he alreays regains u after everyone is dead... either that or losing auras and buffs takes you out of invis and/or removes the fade.
- you can see another stealthed druid or rogue IFF he has detect invis buff from a lock
anyone know? --Chicknfood 19:31, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
- I edited your comment slightly, so as to make it easier to answer:
- Yes, but if Fireball is completely casted, then that ends the buff, I'm fairly certain. You still end up with -some- aggro reduction, but that is all.
- Yup. That's the established way Invis works.
- See #1, I think. As the spells are instant, you should be fine.
- Not sure
- Probably not intended functionality. Darn! ;P
- --Sky (t · c · w) 21:12, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
Molten Fury advice: Edit
Having raided as Fire, I see the following (currently in the article) as a very bad piece of advice:
"For deep fire raiding mages save invisibility until the boss is at 35% health. If you have improved Molten Fury you will do 12% more damage to target, which means you will be building more aggro as you attack. Using invisibility will greatly lower your threat if you are close to pulling away from the tank and will allow you to go "All Out" or "Nuke" the enemy until it dies with safety."
To waste Molten Fury uptime doing 0 DPS is SUCH a tremendously bad idea your tank would rather you had died while DPSing. It is much more sensible to use Invis right before Molten Fury happens, or just not at all with the new tank threat revamp that came with Patch 3.0.2. I'm changing that part of the article. Adesworth (talk) 15:11, 27 October 2008 (UTC)