Old Speculation Edit
Curse of Annihilation - Inflicts a plague on every player in 100 yards, dealing 15000 damage after 5 seconds.
Demonic Mirror - Creates a demon in the image of the top 5 players on Threat, with the demon having 20 times the selected player's HP, 500% the players damage and healing, mimicking the players abilities based on their spec.
Dark energy - Only castable when Demonic Mirror is active, inflicts 500 damage every second to all players in 100 yards. Lasts until Dark mirror Demons are dead.
Eternal Doom - Inflicts 85000 to 126000 damage to all players in 100 yards, 7 second cast.
Drain energy - Drains the power of the Sunwell, increasing damage done by 200%.
Crush - Smashes the ground, inflicting 8000 damage to all players in 100 yards.
Flame Breath - Shoots flame in a cone in front of the target, dealing 10000 damage and inflicting an additional 5000 damage over 5 seconds.
Demonic Barrier - Shields the caster for 10 seconds, Dealing 3000 damage per melee attack to the attacker, and amplifies all spells by 300% and reflects them back at the caster and every other player in 100 yards.
Energy Volley - 3 second cast time, inflicting 4000 damage to 1 random target and all players within 15 yards of that target.
Enrage - Increases all damage done by 500% and attack speed by 100%.
| This article or section is a strategy stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Phase 1: There are 3 "Hand of the Deceiver" in the room. Each has 450k HP, and hits for around 5k on plate. Must be tanked. Start by misdirecting them to your 3 tanks. Each summoner must die at around the same time, because one resses the other after 10 seconds of death. Every 20 seconds each one casts a shadow bolt volley that hits 5 targets each for around 3k.
Phase 2: Begins after all three Eredar Summoners are dead. Kil'Jaeden emerges from the Sunwell, starting the main fight. During Phase 2, Kil'Jaeden uses his Curse of Annihilation, Crush, Eternal doom, and Flame Breath. Kalecgos will be helping you during this fight. While the raid DPS's Kil'Jaeden, Kalecgos works on activating one of the six orbs around the room. When he activates one of the orbs, Kil'Jaeden will begin casting his Eternal Doom ability. Every member in the raid has 7 seconds to click the orb, placing a shield on them, absorbing 125k damage. The shield lasts for 5 seconds, so timing is important. Every 45 seconds, Kil'Jaeden will cast his Curse of Annihilation. The raid must group up while priests cast Mass dispel on the raid. The tank must soak the damage done by this ability because the raid must be behind Kil'Jaeden and the tank must turn Kil'Jaeden depending on which Orb Kalecgos is activating. The tank and the raid should be on opposite ends of Kil'Jaeden at all times. Every 30 seconds Kil'Jaeden will use his Crush ability, All players need to be above 8.5k HP when this happens. When flame breath is used, it should ONLY hit the main tank. Must be healed through.
Phase 3 - Mirror Phase: This phase begins when Kil'Jaeden hits 65% health. He uses his Demonic Mirrior and Dark energy spells in this phase. When he uses his Demonic Mirror ability, all five demons spawned must be tanked. Rogue - Tanked by a Feral Druid. Warrior - Tanked by a warrior. Warlock - Tanked by a warlock. Mage - Tanked by a warlock. Priest - Tanked by anything, preferably a rogue. Does not hit hard, but does heals that need to be inturrupted. Paladin - Needs to be tanked by another Paladin. Hunter - Needs to be tanked by a feral Druid. Shaman - Tanked by a Hunter. If Enchancment, tanked by feral druid. Druid - If feral, tanked by a warrior and a feral Druid. (Similar to Nalorakk in ZA).
While this phase is going on, the raid will be taking 500 damage per second because of Dark energy. It is advised to bring CoH priests.
Phase 3 - Begins when all Dark Mirror demons are dead. Abilities used in this phase: Demonic barrier, Curse of Annihilation, Eternal Doom, Crush, And Drain Energy.
Curse of Annihilation and Eternal doom are dealt with like in phase 2. Every 45 seconds he will use his Drain energy ability. It is important that the tank have at least 6 healers on him for this, and the raid is expected to bandage / pot at low health. He does not use his crush ability while his dark energy buff is up. At random intervals between 10 and 40 seconds, he will use his Demonic Barrier ability. During this phase, NO dots are used. NONE. When he uses Demonic Barrier, all DPS MUST STOP IMMEDIATELY. This requires players with a fast reaction time. If a spell hits him, it will be reflected back at EVERY player in the raid dealing 3 times it's normal damage.
Phase 4 - Begins when Kil'Jaeden is at 40% health: During this phase, Kil'Jaeden has no threat table. he targets random players while casting his Energy Volley ability. EVERYONE must spread out.
Phase 5 - Begins at 20%: He uses his Curse of Annihilation, eternal doom, demonic Barrier, Flame Breath, Dark Energy volley, and Drain Energy abilities in this phase. When this phase begins, he hits a soft enrage, increasing all damage done by him by 100% for 20 seconds. At 10%, he will do a full Enrage until he is defeated. Aveena will also sacrifice herself to weaken Kil'Jaeden, increasing damage done to him by 200%. Phase 5 is a DPS race. You must kill him before he kills the raid. He casts his Dark Energy volley every 5 seconds, dealing 3650 to 4500 damage, still 3 second cast. So every 8 seconds, the raid is nailed by 3650-4500 damage.
- This is a good rough outline for the strategy section. The current strategy section reads more like what should be an Abilities section.
- No time to make the edits now but someone should (I will later time allowing).
- 16:17, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
does he die? Edit
on the model viewer he seems to be "climbing" through a hole (probably the sunwell) and when he dies it seems that he just fall back to where he came from. Does this mean you just cast him back instead of killing him? Orshahaf 20:40 17.2.08
- Not really known, he says "The powers of the Sunwell turn against me!", but I really doubt he's dying but rather just sent back to where he came. 04:33, 22 April 2008 (UTC) 00:19, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
Yay for Demons Edit
I'm excited to find out more about the quest lines tied to these bosses. Since they are increasing the daily quest limit to 25 I imagine there will be some repetition involved (unfortunate) but these could still be fun. 19:23, 11 January 2008 (UTC)
Invalid edits Edit
Whoever put those edits on the article is a moron. Someone remove them, he copied them word for word from Archimonde's tactics with minor edits (18000-20000k damage a hit and can crush, woooo...) -Syntoxin
- I reverted Worldtaker's edits, he apparently has a history of adding fabricated stuff like that to articles. If it happens again we'll have to report him. -- 16:49, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
- They are not invalid.I am an employee of blizzard and I am showing true info.Not that which some think that it aint true.And if I would copy Archimonde's tactics I would be a moron.I just write what my blizzard shared documents share.Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde have the same rank so it is normal for him to have some of his tactics.I just write what the blizzat documents state. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Worldtaker (talk · contr).
- Your claim of Blizzard employment is unsubstantiated, and frankly suspect. Please provide references citing source material, or some other method to verify that information, maybe screen shots or other outside source material. From what I understand, Kil'jaeden has not even been unlocked on the PTR yet. 18:56, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
You may not have the information enough to know that I am a blizzard employee but listen.I have the Blizzard documents with the info on 2.4 that Jeff gave me to publish in some of the most WoW information having sites. - Worldtaker
- And I am secretly a alien being with psychic magical powers that says your full of it and should stop vandalizing pages. Leviathon 19:11, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
- You're right, we don't have enough information to verify if you are a Blizzard employee or not, but we do know the following:
- Blizzard has never released ability specific information of the manner you posted
- Information posted on the Kj abilities WAS copy and pasted from the Archimonde article.
- While your English is good, it is obvious you are not a first language speaker and are further unlikely to be a publicist for Blizzard official or for Jeff Kaplan unofficially.
- Because we are unable to verify the officiality of your information or claims of employment, we cannot accept the edits you made at this stage.
- I understand the draw of filling in the blanks that we currently have about Kil'jeaden, as well as the attractiveness of authenticating your edits through false (or even true) claims of employment at Blizzard. Please rest assured that you will gain neither fame or admiration by pre-emptively editing in incorrect or false information. Please respect the wiki, not just for other editors but for the non-editing people that depend on this site for reliable information.
- 19:23, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
I have given Worldtaker a week off for continually posting unsubstantiated info.19:24, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
- Darn only a week? You're far too kind :p Leviathon 19:25, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
- While I have no way of confirming nor denying Worldtaker's claims, I did work as a GM with Blizzard Europe for 2 years, and can pretty much confirm that the dev team, nor any other part of the company would never publish any documents, or boss abilities in the fashion described here. Learning abilities and figuring out fights is left to the players, and is never given out by company officials. fborch 15:25, 2nd April, 2008 (UTC):
Datamined Model Edit
The current image is a datamined model taken from mmo-champion, This is against image policy isn't it? 18:57, 11 February 2008 (UTC)
- Seems like it. Although there are pictures of people on the PTR who used a certain exploit to explore more of the Sunwell Plateau then intended. The Sunwell itself (what I suspect is the Sunwell...the area was circular, indoors and had swirling yellow energy) has what I will call a "portrait" of Kil'Jaeden on the wall, similiar to Vigo the Carpathian from Ghostbusters 2. Just my thoughts :) - Syntoxin
I believe Anveena will be there in the fight to help us, look at this:
Anveena sacrifices herself, causing Kil'jaeden to take 25% increased Holy damage.
Interesting.... -- 16:53, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm, there's no model for her in the model viewer, and I've told it to take information from the PTR...could be the "sacrifice" will either be off-screen, or done using a placeholder model ( it'd be kind of funny if Captain Placeholder came in in the middle of the fight in her place... ). --Super Bhaal 18:36, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
- She probably will just use a normal female human model. Kalec was given a unique 'human' model just since his avatar isn't a human but a half-elf. There are other spells in the MPQ's also that hint to Kalec also playing a role in the Kil'jaeden fight.
- - Power of the Blue Flight - Empowers a humanoid with the essence of the Blue Flight.
- - Vengeance of the Blue Flight - The power of the Blue Flight courses through you.
- - Shield of the Blue - Extends a powerful shield around the caster that reduces all damage taken by friendly targets within 10 yards by 90%, but drains 10% of the caster's health per second. Lasts 5 seconds.Leviathon 19:31, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
Now that we have the statistics for the legendary bow, I took the liberty to add it to his loot table, under the heading "Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury", similar to Illidan Stormrage's loot table for the twin blades. When we have confirmation of any further loot, feel free to post it under a loot table FOLLOWING the legendary bow's.
- We have the stats for it, yes, but no confirmation that it drops of Kil'jaeden. It's a reasonable assumption to make, to be sure, but until A) someone kills Kil'jaeden and it drops, or B) a Blue flat-out states that it drops from him, it's both potentially misleading and overly presumptive to put in his loot table. -- Dark T Zeratul 13:57, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
From where these quotes were taken? A pre-release guide to the instance? Do someone battled against him to hear'em or Blizzard leaked something to the press? Ravenore , the Necroshadowmancer 04:45, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
- I believe they were part of the sound file data mining performed on the PTR data files. I actually played them back too. This is part of the reason why for some of the SWP bosses the tag (eredar) or (demonic) is used, because they couldn't
I dont get it Edit
I dont get how he can be the last bos in BC. He is stronger than Arthas/Lich King but Arthas is the very last boss at WotLK. How come? - worldtaker
- He is not all the way summoned, so weaker than normal.-- 19:48, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
- Levels aren't an indicator of how powerful they are according to lore. Just because a certain boss is fought earlier in the game than another does not necessarily mean it's a weaker being. -- Dark T Zeratul 21:20, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
- Look, they chose him as the final because he's the being behind the "current lore". That is - in WoW, we had the Undead Plague as the lore thingy, who's the man behind that? Kel'Thuzad, you guessed right. In BC, the Burning Legion is the problem, who's the leader of BL? Kil'jaeden, that's right. Illidan was never the final boss, nor was Zul'Jin. In WOTLK, the Lich King (Arthas) is naturally the final boss. In the expansion after that, my guess Sargeras will be the final boss. So it's natural that these great bosses end the game in a difficult encounter. -- 13:20, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
- The description of Phase 1 was pretty accurate so we should assume the writer has some way of obtaining info before the gate was opened. Lindorm (talk) 18:27, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
I just found that kil´jaeden encounter video on filefront! It looks like that the main player that touched the orb is turned in a blue dragon.
--ÐæMønÐ 21:17,21 May 2008 (UTC)