Crestfall Question Edit
Does the Crestfall loot item hint thet the naga have attacked there? I know loot items do not always match the dropper but the books say it happened... Could this hint that it will be included in-game someday?--21:31, 1 May 2007 (EDT)
Older comments Edit
This article layout is ugly!!! I think the instance template can fit better. --N'Nanz 16:09, 10 October 2007 (UTC)
Something needs to be done with the strategy guide. It's copied and pasted from BossKillers without any sort of credit attributed to them. Putts 02:43, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
Tainted Core Disappearing? Edit
Multiple times on Lady Vashj we've had a Tainted Core just disappear. It was looted and passed, but it randomly disappeared. Macros and raid warnings announced the action of the Tainted Core, as well, but it ended up just disappearing and we had to wait for a new Tainted Elemental.
We figured having full inventory may be the cause of it, but it wasn't. And competency isn't a factor -- considering it disappeared from some of our greatest players.
Any idea of a possible cause of this? Or even if it actually does disappear? -- Furi, January 31, 2008.
- Never experienced core loss. I think without actually seeing the logs my assumption would be that the player assumed they looted core but did not. I know that the macros used do not tend to indicate success in if they actually were tossed.
- 16:52, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
Tauren Warrior Tanking Striders Edit
I know this is considered by most a hack strategy by most but would it be worth making a note about it for Phase 2?
- Tauren Warriors can optionally be used to tank Striders like a conventional mob due to their slightly enlarged hitbox. The primary benefit to this strategy is that the tank will generate more threat on the strider allowing higher DPS and faster Strider kill times, as well force the strider to remain stationary, eliminating fear pulses from the kite path.
- Strider tank will require a dedicated healer as well as floating heals from raid healers.
- Intercept striders and immediately activate Berserker's Rage.
- Concussion Blow and begin slowly backing how until max hit range is reached. Scrolling Combat Text or Combat Log monitors work well here - back out until you do not receive fear immunity messages.
- Maintain Thunderclap and Demoralizing Shout religiously -- these things hit hard to discourage conventional tanking.
- Spell Reflect to increase threat and eliminate Mind Blast damage.
- The biggest problems with this method is the chaos that results when the tank does get feared (any movement, repositioning, aggro loss will all cause fear cycles), and the healing demands.
- It also helps to have an elemental Shaman as backup on Striders. This shaman will assist in strider pick ups and kiting if another Strider spawns while the first is being killed.
I think the above idea deserves a section in the main article - I would try to write it more clearly and maybe a little shorter, perhaps something like:
Tauren have a slightly larger hitbox than other races. Therefore, a tauren can tank the Striders from outside the fear range. A tauren warrior can use Intercept and Berserker Rage to get the add quickly under control and find the maximum melee range while being immune to fear. Disadvantages are:
- Positioning is very delicate, the slightest movement incurs the danger of a feared tank
- A tank requires more healing than a kiter
- Better aggro generation
- Less danger of other raid members being feared
--Batox 16:18, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
Learning Phase 2 Edit
Moved from main article, authored by Batox
This phase is the most difficult drill in TBC up to that point, thus it's quite hard to learn. One central aspect of phase 2 is that it's not much use to switch off the generators as long as the adds aren't under tight control. If there are too many elite naga and striders running about and/or a few raid members dead at the start of phase 3, the result will inevitably be a wipe. Thus when learning this encounter, it's a good idea to completely ignore the tainted core and generator business at start, and only concentrate on add control until the raid meets the following conditions after five minutes:
- no elementals have reached her
- all elite naga and strider are dead save one of each type
- no raid members are dead
When all raid members know what to do in order to survive and control the adds, some strategy for the tainted elementals and the cores may be built on top of this. Guilds using this learning approach report that after meeting the above conditions they killed her on the next evening.
Static Charge deaths Edit
I don't think this really merits an entry in the actual article, but dying from Static Charge does not cause equipment damage. Stillfresh 21:12, 4 March 2008 (UTC)
- On the contrary, I think that's an extremely important bit of information. -- Dark T Zeratul 23:08, 4 March 2008 (UTC)
Edits for 2.4 Edit
Following are points I wasn't sure about adding or if we even need to add:
- Players no longer must kill all other bosses in the cavern (Vashj's bridge control can be activated immediately).
- Tier token drop has been increased to 3 (originally only 2 tokens dropped).
I'm not sure about directly mentioning token drop amount since the previous template did not include an amount and it is now a global statement that all bosses that dropped 2 tokens now drop 3. On the kill statement, I couldn't decide a good clean place to put. I'm thinking of some like a patches/hotfix list like that found on The Curator#Patches and Hotfixes. -- 16:57, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
Vashj Movement Note Edit
When the main tank is stunned (from Shock Blast) or rooted (Entangle), Vashj will move somewhat randomly to be out of melee range. It can be useful to have a second tank able to pick her up when this happens, in order to give the healers time to heal up the main tank from a Shock Blast and to prevent continual Shot and Multi-Shot attacks (which up her damage output significantly). It also helps keep her movement under control in phase 3, so melee can dps while not in toxic spores. WoWWiki-Flowers (talk) 21:51, 3 October 2008 (UTC)