I started this page as something that would be informative to WoWWiki. I'm going on vacation for a week, so I'll fix this page once I get back. But basically, what should be included is the following:
- A brief description of where the bank can be located.
- Directions from the bank how to find the guild bank, if one exists here.
- A screen shot of the guild bank, if one exists at this bank. Not sure if this is available at all banks, but I presume it does.
- A screenshot of either the bank, if it's small such as Darnassus or the Exodar, or at least one banker, if it's a big one such as Stormwind City. This is optional, and can be included in the screenshot above.
I added general descriptions of the three Horde cities I know (I hated Silvermoon, left as quickly as I could, so I don't know where it's bank is) along with the location of the guild vault in Org. I haven't been to any other than there, yet. Also added the description of the guild vault in the Scryer bank in Shattrath. I believe the Aldor one is the same but I haven't been into it, either. Several of the neutral/smaller cities, too. My internet connection at home is pooched at the moment, so I can't get screenshots.--Azaram 05:13, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
- Ok, got and added screenshots of the Shattrath vaults (One of each; the Aldor and Scryer banks both have a vault on both sides of the entrance). They still have the big white box around it in IE, tho. I took the pictures like I did to help place where they were; if people would rather have just the picture of the door, feel free to edit the screenshots I took.--Azaram 03:17, 22 November 2007 (UTC)
- Got a screenshot of the Thunder Bluff totem pole, haven't put it in yet. Will do that probably in the morning. Unfortunately, I don't know how to keep the pictures from causing the formatting problems...--Azaram 04:14, 25 November 2007 (UTC)
Added the Thunder Bluff one. It's a decent picture but kind of dark. Got a shot of the Gadget one (the mechanical piggybank. Heh.) but it's incredibly dark, and I don't have the tools installed on this system to fix that. Unfortunately, because the totem pole is so tall it made the format fu><0r8tion even worse... Someone whose wiki-fu is stronger than mine will, I am sure, come beat them into submission soon. --Azaram 19:23, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- I was right. Thanks Sandwichman. :-D --Azaram 02:37, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
I helped add some content including Silvermoon for Azaram... (who hates silvermoon?) I'm not sure if there even is a bank for Area 51, and I know where it is for Exodar but I cant exactly describe it. --Mantriox/T/C 21:09, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- It's kind of like belfs. Pretty to look at but kind of annoying otherwise. It was an enormous pain to get around in, a thousand unmarked little side alleyways to get from one place to another... The A52 bank is to the left as you come in the entrance nearest the flight path, looks like the auctionhouse in Gadget. A set of stairs down into the ground. I'll add that in a moment. I reuploaded the totem after lightening it some in GIMP, and just finished doing the same with the guild piggy bank (heh) in Gadgetzan. --Azaram 02:02, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
- I got lost in SMC once... so I sat at a bench and waited XD Anyway, I'm going to try and use thottbot to find the last banks...
I got a screenshot of the UC vault... Needs to be lightened again, but it looks really creepy dark, too... I'll clean it up and post it in a bit. (Retroactively signed) --Azaram 02:19, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
Added UC and Org's vaults. The Area 52 guild vault looks the same as the one in Gadget, the mechanical piggybank, so I just updated the text on that screenshot. (A few days ago, but better late than never...) I haven't been to Winterspring in a while, but if there is a guild bank there, it'll look like the Gadget/A52 one, most likely (Goblin bankers). Everything I can get to seems to be covered, aside from Winterspring. I'll see if I can nab that one. The alliance stuff someone else has to do; for some reason the guards get all kinds of soggy and hard to light if I try and wander in to take pictures... --Azaram 02:19, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
Got a pic of one of Silvermoon's vaults. And I was right, that is one bloody annoying city to navigate. Was in UC, figured I'd just pop over and nab the pic real quick... furrfu. It took me 20 minutes to get to the damn thing. It's in the gallery now... It's a little offcenter; my fatass of a blueberry wouldn't get out of the way... going to name him Visa, because he's everywhere I want to be. --Azaram 14:43, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
Links to this page Edit
- I did the links from those to this. Nothing else I can think of offhand, which means that I can't think of something obvious, probably. --Azaram 02:10, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
Alliance slackers Edit
Heh. I got screenshots of all the Horde banks and the neutral goblin piggybank, and not one alliance bank? --Azaram 08:47, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
- Shame, shame... --Azaram 03:01, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
- Still nothing? Am I going to have to go create an alliance character just so I can get screenshots? --Azaram 03:20, 24 February 2008 (UTC)