let's let the rampant speculation begin, shall we? with up to 18 bosses supposedly done, there are a lot of spaces to fill here.
we know Kel'Thuzad gonna be in there, and he will be the uberest uber boss until the Burning Crusade...
im really hoping that there will be a Frost Wyrm boss, and im really hoping Blizz doesnt cheap out and change the standard dragon skin to an undead thing like they did with Emeriss
other bosses will probably include a Deathknight, a Wight, possibly a minor Lich. well probably also get our first glimpse of a Crypt Lord. --Adonzo 06:13, 29 March 2006 (EST)
- the Dragonblight (Undead_Dragonflight) might make an appearance, and i wouldnt be suprised to find a diseased dragon or few in there.
- the Dragonblight is a place, likely to be a zone in Northrend, NOT the name of the Undead Dragonflight --Adonzo 17:57, 12 April 2006 (EDT)
Seeing Baron Bloodbane is in the german localization-notes it might be possible he'll be a boss as well. And judging by one of the videos from E3 it appears there'll be an acolyte and of course a crypt-lord.
Does anyone really think he'll be a boss in Naxxramas? I just can't see him becoming a Death Knight or something. I did hear somewhere there would be a Frost Wyrm Battle.
- nerp. uther's tomb is in the western plaguelands. as far as i know, it comes complete with a body. although there will definitely be a death knight boss of some sort, i just cant think of any notable characters that would fit that role. --Adonzo 02:32, 27 April 2006 (EDT)
Actually there is a notable person thats a deathknight boss and that is Highlord Morgraine. The man who started the Scarlet Crusade and who carries the legendary sword Ashbringer. He was possed by the the very enemy he sought to defeat and his son killed him. Whom is the Morgraine that you kill in the cathedral wing in the Scarlet Monastry. --Izon
His son, whom we're told is feverishly looking for his father's sword ashbringer--Darkling235 16:27, 19 August 2006 (EDT)
- Yeah, but we didn't even know the guy existed before the PTRs went up. We were talking about the possibility of an already established character being a death knight. --Adonzo 17:30, 14 June 2006 (EDT)
How the heck are you supposed to enter a building that is floating a couple of 10 feet above your head? Flying or levitation perhaps? --Shandris 12:03, 5 May 2006 (EDT)
- Probably some sort of teleporter that is probably guarded by the first boss. --Adonzo 00:31, 6 May 2006 (EDT)
- A Gnomish Trampoline? Goblin Jet Pack? Perhaps there is a dangling rope you can climb up Mario style. --Xmuskrat 07:50, 8 May 2006 (EDT)
- ROFL Or maybe you can loot some [Undead Marijuana] that makes you high from the 1st boss ^^--Kirochi 14:01, 8 May 2006 (EDT)
Loot rumours Edit
- It was rumoured that this was the instance where could obtain the quest items for the Legendary weapon, Ashbringer. However, CM Eyonix has said that Ashbringer won't be available until there is a legendary weapon for casters.
- Also the last time the Book of Medivh was seen was when Kel'Thuzad summoned Archimonde - the demonlord of the Burning Legion - into Azeroth at Dalaran. The last boss of Naxxramas will be Kel'Thuzad which means he most likely will drop the Spellbook of Medivh, which will probably be an important item to open the Dark Portal in Blastedlands when the expansion, World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade is released. However, Jeff Kaplan in his May 10th interview to NY Times stated that there won't be anything to do for players to reach Outland, meaning no world event nor requirements.
- A quest is available which leads to the reforming of a legendary staff:
- Archmage Tarsis Kir-Moldir in Naxxramas has the following to say about the legendary staff:
- Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian. The staff handed down through the ages to each of the Guardians of Tirisfal. The staff corrupted by Sargeras. The staff of the last Guardian. The staff of Medivh.
- I held it once... I held it despite the warnings of the Kirin Tor. I held it, mortal... Power unending. Power to do what I desired, as I desired. And just as quickly, it was taken from me. But I had tasted... And that taste was all that it took.
- It was lost when the Violet Citadel fell... splintered into forty-two pieces.
- Kel'Thuzad has put forth considerable effort in attempting to reform the staff. The pieces were once scattered across this world, from Kalimdor to the South Seas. I myself held twenty of the pieces at one point in time - until they were stolen from me by Kel'Thuzad's minions. It is why I am here.
- Haven't you been listening? No. I very much doubt we would be having this conversation had Kel'Thuzad formed the staff. Kel'Thuzad holds the head. His underlings hold forty splinters of Atiesh. The last piece - the base - was uncovered by Brann Bronzebeard. He was last seen in the Silithus desert, undoubtedly doing his best to stay as far away as possible from the relentless seekers Kel'Thuzad has dispatched into the world.
- Archmage Angela Dosantos also shares the following background behind the staff:
- It is said that Kel'Thuzad seeks the legendary Atiesh, greatstaff of the Guardian.
- Yes the very staff once held by Medivh.
- Like Kel'Thuzad, I too was once a mage of the Kirin Tore. And like Kel'Thuzad, I seek the legendary Atiesh, greatstaff of the Guardian. Our fates are intertwined as such, priest.
- Progeny of Aegwynn, he that would be the last Guardian of Tirisfal... Medivh.
- It is a story of legend and one that I do not have the time nor the inclination to retell, just know that Medivh was the last of the Guardians. The greatstaff of Atiesh was a focal point of his power and a focal point of corruption.
- The corruption of a fallen titan. The corruption of the Destroyer. After all, the staff was forged from the seed of hate. That is, of course, what has brought me here...
- After the fall of Karazhan, the Kirin Tor dispatched an assembly of mages to search the tower and seize all items of import... for the purposes of "research." It was then that the fabled staff was discovered and brought back to Dalaran.
- What followed were a series of tragic events, leading to the death of every Kirin Tor mage that came into contact with Atiesh.
- You see, it was an artifact with sentience. A sentience granted to it by Sargeras...
- After the deaths, the Six decided that the best course of action was to seal the staff behind impenetrable barriers of magic and appoint a watcher: A guardian of the staff... I would be that watcher.
- There is not much more to tell. Dalaran was nearly wholly destroyed by Archimonde, the staff lost, presumably shattered by the barrier's fail-safe mechanisms.
- There are those that believe the staff to be the cause of Archimonde's reprisal.
- After the fall of Dalaran, I took my leave from the Kirin Tor. I spent years watching over Atiesh, only to have my purpose amongst the Kirin Tor taken from me in one fell swoop. I would find the staff, though it might take a lifetime. That is how I came to join the Argent Dawn and why I am here now.
- I have tracked the various fragments of the staff across this world and in doing so, discovered Kel'Thuzad's plans to reform the staff. He has already collected several of the staff's fragments - which are being held by his most trusted lieutenants.
- I cannot emphasize enough the importance of keeping the greatstaff of the Guardian out of Kel'Thuzad's grasp. Frankly, I do not know what the result would be, other than a catastrophe of epic proportion.
Media and statements Edit
World of Warcraft Official Forums Edit
In patch 1.11: Naxxramas! – the massive necropolis floating above Stratholme, home to Kel’Thuzad.
Naxxramas will come out in Patch 1.11 and will be previewed at E3 in a couple of weeks. This raid dungeon is massive and hosts more bosses than you can wave a stick at. And a really big stick at that. Currently, Naxxramas is in internal testing. After a few more weeks of internal testing, well put it on the PTRs for an extended test period so that you guys have time to hammer the encounters and provide us with feedback. We'll also be doing a lot of tuning during internal testing and during the PTR time. Expect the difficulty of encounters to fluctuate a lot on the PTRs. Expect a lot of info regarding Naxxramas to come out during E3.
New York Times: Edit
NYTimes: "What can you tell me about Naxxramas?"
Tigole: "Naxxramas is going to be the most difficult thing in the game until the expansion pack comes out. It will be the pinnacle, and it's absolutely massive. You'll see this big necropolis floating above Eastern Plaguelands. It's a 40-man raid zone, and it's bigger than the Undercity [one of the main cities in the game]. Things could change, but we're up to something like 18 bosses in there, and they are really cool, too. But it's going to be hard. Really hard. We're hoping to release it in the spring."
NYTimes: "Will we need to open Naxxramas with a big farming event like Ahn'Qiraj?"
Tigole: "No. Naxxramas will just be open. But we do want to do a world event, which we want to call the Scourge Invasion, or hopefully something cooler than that, that would basically be something for everyone who's not going into Naxxramas. So they would see the impact without having to actually go in. [In other words, get ready for undead to pop up in some unlikely places."
guild progress Edit
Individual wing first get cleared
- Spider Wing
- Forgotten Heroes [A] [Burning Blade] http://www.fhguild.net 6-24-06 4:25 AM
- Death and Taxes [A] [Korgath] http://www.dtguild.com/ 6-24-06 10:51 PM
- Viscious Cycle [A] [Frostmane] http://www.teamvc.us/ 6/25/06 3:30 am
- Plague Wing
- DeathKnight Wing
- Abomination Wing
- Frostwyrm Lair
How do you actually get to Sapphiron? Edit
I'm looking at Naxx in MapViewer, and I don't see how you get from the main instance into the Sapphiron/Kel'Thuzad "wing" of the instance. I assume you're teleported, but from where? When? As soon as the last normal boss dies? And how do you leave Naxx? Hearthing? RobertM525 02:12, 3 December 2006 (EST)
- There is no way out - only death ;) --Thundor 18:13, 12 December 2006 (EST)
- The portal to Frost Wyrm Lair is right on top of where you enter Naxxramas. --Tyrsenus 23:29, 12 March 2007 (EDT)
Location of Frost Wyrm Lair? Edit
I've notice the "portals" in KT's room, and that the landscape shown is snow. Is this supposed to be Northrend? I presume the Guardians of Icecrown use the portal from Northrend to arrive in KT's room?
- It's hard to tell if those are portals to Northrend, or if Sapphiron's lair (and Kel'Thuzad) are actually in Northrend, and you get sent there by the portal in the main instance to Sapph's room. -- 01:00, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
Naxxramas to be entry level WotLK 25-manEdit
- Any indication as to how this will affect the current 40-man level 60 Naxx? I know there are some (either just because they want to get their hands on lore items like Corrupted Ashbringer or Atiesh, or just because they want that legendary) who would probably still run the level 60 version. --Joshmaul 10:34, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
- Step 1) Set dungeon difficulty to Heroic
- Step 2) Zone into Naxx
- Step 3) Profit!!!
- --Adonzo 08:30, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
There's also one other solution. Some sources tells that Naxxramas will be moved to Northrend. In that case, the Naxxramas in Northrend could be lvl 80, and the Naxxramas remaining in Eastern Plaguelands could be lvl 60. I see no problem for it being at two places at a time, since that will be the case for many characters, such as Sylvanas and Tirion Fordring. --Odolwa 13:52, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
I don't remember reading anything official anywhere about Naxx moving back to Northrend, most people just assumed it would due to Northrend being the focus. I personally think they should leave it in EPL, it works better with the lore already surrounding EPL. --Adonzo 01:00, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
Does anyone have any information about Naxxramas's loot ?? It would seem very stupid 80lv heroes fighting for 60lv gear and tier 3 ... All the monsters, bosses and even the instance will be changed a bit to match 80lv and who would want to go there if no worthy rewards are given?
- Yes, I'm wondering if the other items will be changed to be level 80 gear and have their names changed, and if the legendary staff Atiesh will still be in the game, upgraded to level 80. I see some problems with Atiesh though, because the quest involves going back to strat to purify... And some level 60's want to quest in Stratlhome. So, will they have to upgrade the other instances required for getting the staff or just leave them as is? --Kelwindtehgr
Argent Dawn Rep after Honoured Edit
For everyone, but specifically levels 53 to 58, it is pretty easy to continue gaining Argent Dawn Rep from none elite mobs, there are certain ones which will give rep right up to level 70.
(However, I'm at work, and have forgotten the exact mob names).
I have ammended the article to indicate you can get some rep from none elite mobs, but "most" mobs do not give rep.
I will come back and edit this article with the mob names, or make entries in the Argent dawn area about this.
Wing names changed to Quarters Edit
Beta patch 8820 changed the names of the wings:
- Abomination Wing changed to Construct Quarter
- Spider Wing changed to Arachnid Quarter
- Plague Wing changed to Plague Quarter
- Death Knight Wing changed to Military Quarter
Wotlk conversion Edit
- I say use the Four Horsemen page as an example. Move the existing ones to Boss (original) and put the new ones in their place. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 20:10, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
- To be honest the old tactics should be removed completely, and be overwritten by the new ones. There's page history for nostalgics. User:Gourra/Sig2 20:34, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
Removing the boss/trash table seems over the top Edit
I'm new to this whole wiki thing, but it seems like Nitros14's " 09:01, 10 November 2008 " edit on this page goes overboard with the complete removal of the Encounters and Bosses section. The table contained with was well-formatted, the links went to the right places, and the boss links have already been updated for the Wrath version of the instance. The only thing I could see wrong with it is that the pages for each trash mob are out of date in terms of numbers. The strategy notes on each trash mob page are still good information for raid leaders and such, though. Rather than completely removing the links, I think we should just put a tag on the trash pages saying that they're out of date (until they get updated), rather than completely removing the links. No links means raid leaders will have no idea what kind of trash they'll be encountering. --Coredumperror (talk) 15:09, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
The trash is all new so the tables are completely obsolete. It seems considerably less cluttered to simply put the boss links in the Quarter description. --Nitros14
"Kel'Thuzad fell at 15:30 of the 15th November 08'" Edit
What time zone?19:56, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
Old Naxx Edit
I'm not 100 % sure about this, but i think that Normal mode = 10 man, and Heroic Mode = 25 man. In that case, "old Naxxramas" is gone forever. You should be able to complete the old quests still though.--WoWWiki-Odolwa (talk) 12:29, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
Naxxramas Screenshots Edit
Does anybody have screenshots either in or out of gameplay of Naxxramas? I think this page could use a couple screens to give viewers an idea on how cool the whole instance is...
Why is this page marked as a sandbox?Edit
Stat Requirements Edit
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that a tank (warrior tank, at least) will neither have nor need 26k armor. Perhaps this section should be clarified, as different classes have different tank stat requirements. Also, should avoidance be addressed? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Blackhawk003 (talk · contr).
- Ya go ahead and fix it - be bold. I have full Naxx 25m gear and have started getting Ulduar 25m gear, and I only have 23k armor. Maybe they mistyped and meant 16k. 2:41 PM, 30 Jun 2009 (EDT)
- I'm more short on information than on boldness... I asked because I don't know the exact numbers myself. I'll try combing the internets for a consensus, and post what I find. Blackhawk003 (talk) 22:28, 30 June 2009 (UTC)