Is it really correct to use the cover image of the previous book? Xavius, the Satyr Lord 10:02, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
A new pic has been added by someone.. and guessing from it Vereesa, that male blood elf and the draenei will be the main characters.. -Rovdyr 14:22, 29 April 2008 (UTC)
The elven character in the middle could be Krasus -Archmage Rodyn 2:51 PM -5 GMT, 29 April 2008
I take it that the draenei character has officially been established as female? (If it's important that the blood elf character is male, this seems equally so.)
Farseer Lolotea • talk • contrib 00:24, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
- Given the cover art, I would imagine so. -- Dark T Zeratul 09:35, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
- The elf in the middle looks like Krasus...or anyway it's more like an High Elf than a Blood Elf--Gorund 17:48, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
It looks a lot like how he did on the cover The Well of Eternity so most likely it is him. Leviathon 03:35, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
i'm pretty sure the elf in the middle is krasus because the description of him in the beginning of the book says he has black and red streaks in his hair Nickorr171
Renegade blood elf Edit
A renegade male blood elf will be involved. Fifty bucks says he has a magical panther. --Super Bhaal 17:12, 1 May 2008 (UTC)
I'll take that and see your 50 bucks with another 5. I bet it's a dragonhawk. I'm not bashing your theory, but how'd you find that one out? Oh and Krasus looks SCARY. Mr.X8 Talk Contribs 00:56, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
Krasus seems to use the Cult of the Damned skin...--01:17, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
- As much as I'd like to raise the stakes, X8, I don't get paid enough to take such risks. Sixty's as high as I'm going. As for my theory? It was a stab at everyone's favorite renegade dark elf from the Forgotten Realms, Drizzt Do'Urden and his magical panther buddy Guenwhyvar.
- Now, Krasus, I think he's supposed to look like a Highborne. He's tall and colorful like a night elf, but at the same time he looks a little sickly like a high elf. --Super Bhaal 02:57, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
- You're on! And because I don't know a whole lot about betting, I'm going to bet you five gold that this elf is going to steal the show from the rest of the characters, carry two named scimitars (Sparkle and Flamingdeath), and be on the run from a dysfunctional family headed by a misandristic matriarch and from his dark past (which he talks about in letters at the beginning of every chapter). I as well bet another five gold that he'll have violet eyes and silver hair. --Super Bhaal (talk) 18:31, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
More Things to Put Under Plot Edit
found these here.
We will see the Shadow of the Black Dragonflight (I don't know what that means).
We'll see someone from a family (I think a family of dragons) from which we have not heard, along with the first hints of something new.
The female Draenei is a priestess named Iridi.
Menethil Harbor and Ratchet will be a significant part.
- With "shadow", he probably means something like it's legacy. And nothing says Menethil and Ratchet will feature significantly. Another thing: what on Azeroth is the "skardyn"? It's some kind of race, but what exactly? 13:58, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
- Gods, why can't Knaak answer a simple Yes/No question >_< From the interview I do not feel like the book will bring anything good.--Maibe (talk) 14:10, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
- Simple: he's not allowed to. Blizzard undoubtedly makes authors sign NDAs for every book they write, and Knaak is no exception. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 00:43, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
I just picked up my copy at Barnes & Noble. In fact its appropriate that the novel came out on WotLK Launch Day since Dalaran is a major part of the plot. I just love how the novels get released early. I guess we have to wait a bit before posting plot info? (Omega2010 (talk) 21:27, 14 November 2008 (UTC))
- There's 2 week spoiler rule, if you want to put it that way. Give people the chance to read the book before giving a summary and spoilers :) --Maibe (talk) 20:55, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
i'm guessing from what ive read that they are dwarves mixed with black dragon dna this is just a guess from the descriptions in the book Nickorr171
The Skardyn, and I don't recall them being described as "fish-like". They are compared to dragons, not fishes. This "black dragon DNA" thing I cannot recall either. 15:59, 8 January 2009 (UTC)