After Dalaran leaves for the skies of Northrend what will be left? Edit
I think that the new Dalaran that is going to be in the skies of Northrend is built on top of the Old Dalaran. So what would Blizzard do with the Old Dalaran when The new one is in Northrend. Why doesn't Blizzard make it into an instance. It has enough space. It could be filled with the ghosts of fallen wizards and the end boss would be none other than Antonidas.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Coolperson (talk · contr).
- It's possible that it might be a new instance, how ever i don't see how Antonidas could be a boss. He was killed by Arthas and then even as a ghost his spirit was defeated and released by Kael'thas.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by DudeWithTheFood (talk · contr).
- Or it may simply be an empty crater with a few ravaged houses and wizards walking around it for the quests that are done there. -- Dark T Zeratul 20:13, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
- What i didnt get was why there are no towns in Alterac. It's basically a grinding zone. They need something else there. doesn't have to be an instance but Ive never leveled in Alterac.
I'm sure it will remain as is, like most things dealing with time issues, the old world will remain in the past, while places you visit later on will head towards the future. User:Coobra/Sig3 03:57, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
- By no means trying to be argumentative, I seem to recall that the good folks at Blizz want to come up with new ways to take people back to Old-World areas, if for no other reason than avoiding the "generation gap". An instance or new town (with new quests) might be just the thing to keep the end-game players coming back. I'm just sayin' it's a viable possibility. Tiraline (talk) 21:31, 19 September 2008 (UTC)
Quest idea Edit
after you kill Kel´thuzard , you get medivhs spellbook and clicking it starts quest to shut down portal in dalaran, at same plase where kel´thuzard opened it, and legion tries to kill you and your group while closing it, cool idea, isnt it?M1330 (talk) 17:22, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
- I would think the Shimmering Portal (Its name in the files at least) is in Dalaran as the portal to Shattrath.-- 20:40, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
The term "old Dalaran" Edit
- Okay I am confused. What is the Dalaran from the Caverns of Time called? I thought that was Old Dalaran, not the current Dalaran — after Wrath of the Lich King comes out. Is it going to be "Old, Old Dalaran" and then "Old Dalaran" and then "Dalaran" now? Rolandius (talk) 01:23, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- Why is this in 'Old Hillsbrad NPCs'?-- 01:38, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- Because Rolandius made it that way. This 'page' used to be about what will be left where the bubble is when WotLK happens, not Old Hillsbrad.-- 18:35, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- Point of note we don't even know what that bubbled area will be called in the expansion yet. If it changes names then yes it should have a new page. If it doesn't change names then we shouldn't be creating "fake" unofficial names for the article. For all we know the disambugation could be Dalaran and Dalaran City, like Stormwind and Stormwind City.Baggins (talk) 20:38, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm... well maybe dalaran only took the city with them and left the dungeons... hmm, but then they also said Dalaran city is going to have an instance as well... User:Coobra/Sig3 21:14, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Regarding SWM's comment, I did not make it that way. I saw the page I thought someone had created called Old Dalaran. As of now, there are only two Dalarans I know of. The current bubble one, and the one in Old Hillsbrad. I thought I would help by putting something in the Old Dalaran page like maybe, I dunno, citizens of Old Dalaran? So that is what I did. Rolandius (talk - contr) 01:09, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Dalaran Crater Edit
- It is still called Dalaran but I assume that will change. Leviathon (talk) 23:51, 23 July 2008 (UTC)
Scaling Issues? Blizzfail? EditOkay, I've been to both places, and the floating city of dalaran is MUCH wider then dalaran crater, while it has much less depth then the crater. Scaling error, or am i just looking at it funny? --Little.Kak (talk) 23:02, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
- There are many scaling errors in-game. Likely, Blizz made the crater smaller to reduce the amount of essentially unused territory in the game. Remember, before Dalaran moved to Northrend, it was a big, impenetrable pink dome in-game. -- (talk · contr) 18 Apr 2011 4:36 PM Pacific
Dalaran... faction issue Edit
"The NPCs around the crater are friendly to the Alliance and hostile to the Horde."