Some notes in the Strategy section? Oh, and some people are wondering if killing him weakens C'thun like Hakkar & priests. Any confirmation of that?
- It does not. Ouro is an optional boss. --Sabelaide 18:09, 30 October 2006 (EST)
How does Ouro pick its target for Sand Blast? Is it random or aggro-based? DaAznSaN 18:13, 25 May 2006 (EDT)
Um, I'm not sure if I properly removed the vandalism on this article. Could someone check? For one thing, I'm not sure about Sand Blast.
There seem to be a lot of conficting information out there about how exactly sandblast works. From observing some attempts on Ouro, it does seem like sandblast targets the highest threat target and that gettting hit by sandblast clears aggro, but there are still points I'm not sure on, for example:
- Is it the highest threat target, or the target he would have if everyone were in melee range (e.g. does a ranged person need 30% more threat than the main tank to get sandblasted instead of the tank)? Perhaps someone who uses KLHThreatMeter could comment on this.
- Is it really 180 degrees, or more like 120 or something?
- There seem to be a lot of rumors floating around about Ouro doing "double sandblasts", such as one sandblast to the highest threat melee target and then another immediately after to the highest threat ranged target. I'm not sure this is really consistent with what I've seen though... so does this actually happen? Does it always happen, or might it be related to the intended ranged target being out of sandblast range or something? Or was this just an old bug that has long been fixed?
- These questions I assume are outdated? Anyway, I don't know if it's 120 or 180 degrees (for current strategies, doesn't matter much). But the aggro thing is fairly well understood. Ouro will target the highest-threat player that is within range of the Sand blast. As opposed to, say, Anub, you won't get hit if you're highest-aggro and you move out of range - Ouro will simply pick another target. (With Anub, you get "hit" but if you're out of range you don't take any damage.) I haven't seen the double-blast, but I've been top of the aggro range and avoided being targeted by moving out of range multiple times. --Sabelaide 18:08, 30 October 2006 (EST)