Added in stats for Lighting Breath 6 -- Strawberree
Added the new pet abilities Dive and Dash. --Lewzephyr
- Added v1.9 abilities. --Dracomage 11:59, 10 Jan 2006 (EST)
The description of what animals come with what abilities is apparently incorrect; it says pets start having abilities at level 10, but my Snow Tracker Wolf came with Bite at level 8.
--TedC 09:39, 11 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- I'll try to reword and re-work the description to make more sense. --Dracomage 15:26, 5 Dec 2005 (EST)
- I attempted to make this section easier to read and improve the clarity. Opinions? --Dracomage 11:59, 10 Jan 2006 (EST)
Someone should really write about pet control as well. Just having abilities on autocast does not a great hunter make. Knowing when to stay, when to attack, when to switch between aggressive/defensive and passive - in the words, how to use the pet...
The Tables:PetAbilities has an inconstancy, for most abilities that only one type of pet can use, it says the pet's name, except for the ability "Scorpid Poison," in which instead of saying "Scorpid" it says "Only Scorpids." This should be edited for consistency - I would do it myself, but I can't figure out where to find the damn table. Pyro 23:29, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- I cannot find where the table is either, I would like to fix some typos. Anyone know where it is? Dunto 18:28, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
Anyone that can help me make a table? Columns: Rank|#|Training Cost|Pet Level|X = --Dracomage 16:48, 2 Dec 2005 (EST)
I've never played a hunter, so I don't think I'd be qualified to format the table myself, but I could give you a short demo:
|Rank||#||Training Cost||Pet Level||X =|
It's kind of tricky to do tables. If you need more help, let me know; or perhaps someone else could give it a shot. In any case, though, if you find that it looks neater overall, you might want to make it look something like Potion. That part is up to you and anyone else who might look at this page. It is certainly easier to do it that way, though. Also, training cost may not be important to note, but that's also up to you. Schmidt 19:02, 11 Dec 2005 (EST)
- I decided to stick with how it looks now. Thanks for the help. --Dracomage 11:30, 11 Jan 2006 (EST)
Splitting up the page Edit
This page needs to be split off to their individual pages. (its very outdated also) Will begin when i got time. CJ 10:51, 30 October 2006 (EST)
- Done. CJ 04:34, 31 October 2006 (EST)
How do you learn pet abilities Edit
The training procedure section is somewhat vague. I'm a noob in WoW, and I've gotten up to level 35 and still don't know how to get pet abilities beyond ones from the trainer. This part's description is somewhat vague, and I really can't figure out how this is supposed to work. Perhaps that needs to be fixed? Bill (talk - contr - web)
- Under Training Procedure:
- "...setting out to tame a new pet to learn a new pet skill."
- "It takes a little while after taming a pet to learn their special ability. The pet has to use the ability a few dozen times for you to learn it, so its recommend to fight in melee close to your new pet."
- I added a note that the pets that has the abilities can be found in the table below. Additionally you might want to check out the external links to see what pets you have to tame in order to learn new ranks and abilities.--User:Gourra/Sig2 18:03, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
3.02 changes Edit
Not sure if we still need this article in its current function. Reworking info to 3.02 level, then going to see if the (small) rest fits elsewhere. Removed the big obsolete table, guess it will evolve elsewhere. --Smakofatz (talk) 18:21, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
The pet ability articles need scaling info. I haven't been able to find any detailed, up to date information on elitistjerks, petopia or wowhead. -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 07:16, September 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Typically, things on wowwiki come from sources like those, so if you can't find anything, I'm not sure where the data is going to come from unless you do your own independent research. You might try posting on EJ and see if someone replies. Then the info could be incorporated into the article. 1:42 PM, 28 Sep 2009 (EDT)