Appearance in Caverns of Time?Edit
Players will be traveling back in time to the Battle of Mount Hyjal and will clearly have to face off against a boss, but it won't be anybody as important as Archimonde. I wonder if we will get to fight Winterchill and/or Anetheron in that part of the instance.--Illidan Rocks 19:18, 11 September 2006 (EDT)
- That would make sense. SInce Archimonde is not to be killed until the Wisps, Anetheron and Winterchill would make fair challenges. It's bound to be a difficult task no matter what. I also wonder if we see Medivh's farewell. Could this mean that we finally see an Aspect in-game? --Ragestorm 23:07, 11 September 2006 (EDT)
phylactery of Winterchill? Edit
Sure he was killed, but was his phylactery destroyed?
If not, he may just come back. If anyone has any knology of this, let me know.--Demongo55 8 December 2006
- Sing your posts, please. Since Winterchill was likely to have faced off against people who had some knowledge of such things, it's fairly reasonable to assume the physlactery was destroyed. For all we know, Archimonde could have been carrying it (as a measure of control), and it was incinerated by the Ancestral Spirits.--Ragestorm 22:18, 8 December 2006 (EST)
- Since you now give his phylactery to Akama as part of the Black Temple attunement chain, it's possible that it is not destroyed, leaving the potential for him to return... I kinda doubt it, though. - Dark T Zeratul 23:23, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- The Time-Phased Phylactery drops from Rage Winterchill in the Battle of Mount Hyjal. It is a quest item for the quest . In the quest text Akama says:
- "I've had a vision of an artifact that will aid us in our final struggle - the phylactery of a lich known as Winterchill. Unfortunately its power was lost forever after his defeat in the Battle of Mount Hyjal."
- Thus the phylactery was destroyed in the past but the player ins sent to retrieve it and give it to Akama. Whe this is done Akama says:
- "My vision... it all becomes clear now. The powers this artifact has over a soul.... to contain it... to siphon it into itself... I will use those powers to reclaim what belongs to me! The time has arrived for us to take the fight to Illidan!"
- Thus the new use of the phylactery is to contain Akama's soul that was stolen by Illidan. We can assume we'll never see again Rage Winterchill because his phylactery is destroyed or used for another purpose. --N'Nanz (talk) 09:56, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
Blood Lich? Edit
The "Blood Lich" story - in fact, the whole of Rage's biography here - seems to be completely baseless. Can anyone source it? -Parqual Fintalas
- If I remember correctly, "Blood Lich" was in fact his class in WC3. May be mistaken though. --Adonzo 07:00, 13 May 2007 (EDT)
- That's not the case. His class is just a Lich. Can anyone cite this? If not I suggest it be taken down. -Parqual Fintalas
- I assume that it's conjecture based on his appearance in Warcraft III (where he was larger than a regular lich and tinted red). Egrem 22:28, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
- If its just fan conjecture, it doesn't belong in the article.Baggins 23:13, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
I remember reading it on Lunar Falls, which would be a likely source for such things. I removed it. --Austin P 18:04, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- Come to think of it, he wasn't really larger than a normal Lich- it was just that he was high-level. -- (talk · contr) 23:10, 23 June 2007 (UTC)