--Scrotch 22:03, 25 January 2007 (EST)Will items in the game already be given sockets? Like, say, the Dungeon Set and Tiered Armor that everyone's been amassing?
- No. No existing items will be changed to add sockets. As of the 2.0 patch (before the storm) there are socketed items available for 'viewing' in the game as PvP rewards. However, they are level 70 items. Once the Outlands is open, many quest rewards and drops from there will contain sockets. --Eltari 21:25, 11 December 2006 (EST)
- Has anyone figured out if there's going to be specific bonuses which go into each color socket? Looking at the 7 examples on the official site (which, as always, are subject to change), Red improves spell power, yellow may be offensive (more int in the example -> More spells cast), and blue may be defensive (more stamina, mana regen). But that could just be examples. Anyone hear anything else? --Bobson 08:07, 27 November 2006 (EST)
- The color of the item isn't related to it's abilities. However the cut is. Taking "Deep Peridot" as an example. This is a Yellow / Blue gem. It can be cut Radiant (3 Spell Critical Rating, 4 Spell Penetration), Notched (3 Stamina, 4 Spell Critical Rating), Jagged (4 Stamina, 3 Critical Strike Rating), Enduring (3 Defense, 6 Stamina), Dazzling (1 Mana every 5 seconds, 3 Intellect) or Barbed (4 Critical Strike Rating, 3 Stamina). This one gem could fit both an offensive or defensive role, depending on how it was cut.
- The same cut, however produces the same stats, and the quality of the gem determines the strength of them. For instance the Lustrous cut on a Zircon gem gives 1 Mana every 5 secs. On an Azure Moonstone, it give 2 Mana every 5 seconds, and on a Star of Elune, it gives 3 Mana every 5 seconds.
- I have see on beta people with gems in the slots of a different color to the slot itself. The advantage of matching the gem color to the slot color is that most armour etc will have an additional (small) bonus which is activated if all the colors match up.
- --Eltari 21:25, 11 December 2006 (EST)
"Meta Sockets are much more powerful gems, and are rarer."
Sockets are more powerful gems? Eh? KelvinFrost 10:26, 5 January 2007 (EST)
Probably means to say that The sockets can HOLD much more powerful gems. I think. I still dont understand the socket system much. Daragoth 9:43, 10 January 2007 (EST)
I've put some information about the different socket gem cuts available onto this page – I haven't been able to find it anywhere else on the site even though I'm sure it's in high demand. Mostly I took information from my own in-game experiences and rounded it out with what's currently up on thottbot.
Right now there's enough to help someone figure out what to type into an AH search but not much beyond that. Further work could include adding what kinds of gems (and socket colors) each cut is available for, adding uncommon/rare information, which cuts are available from the trainer and which as world drop patterns, and putting the whole thing into a table. --Scrotch 21:45, 25 January 2007 (EST)
Ha, it's all on the Jewel page. I'm putting a more-obvious link to it on this page and Jewelcrafting.
- So next time just add it, one already existed. User:Coobra/Sig4 20:44, 22 May 2009 (UTC)