Old discussion Edit
Archaedas is described as a "giant of stone" in Monster Guide, 2007, rather than "lesser Titan". He's a construct of the Titans. I've moved the page, to "stone giant" to reflect this description, until a better term shows up later. Additionally he's said to be a "stone guardian", "Archaedas, Stone Guardian of the Vault", and that he calls on other stone guardians, so that might be possible page name as well. What do others think?Baggins 09:59, 14 March 2007 (EDT)
- Guardian seems more like a title, while giant might be what he actually is. I'd stick with giant for now. --Amro 10:48, 14 March 2007 (EDT)
- Ya I agree it seems more like a title, its just more confusing when it says later in the article, that he calls on more stone guardians to fend off invaders, as if he is only one of many of these things, of varying sizes. stone guardians are also a name for titan golem constructs seen in "Un'goro", adding further to this discription for titan constructs.Baggins 11:01, 14 March 2007 (EDT)
Stone giants revised Edit
Considering the new information and use of "stone giants" I've taken the time to refurbish the article pointing out things that would be largely speculation based on what we now know. I've marked most of the stuff we previously assumed to be "stone giants" as "presumed". Additionally I found in noticed in the RPG that stone keepers and stone watchers were seperated in seperate articles in Magic & Mayhem. I've turned them intos seperate articles for this reason.
Additionally since Achaedas was also categorized as a stone guardian (see discussion above), I've turned that into a seperate article and added known info about "stone guardians" to the article. It is essentially a semi-disambig page.
Because giant of stone now appears to be more of a description, it is only referenced in the article, however any new information relating to the new giant models, specifically called "stone giants" will take precedence in the article.
All the units that were using the titan model have been recategorized as titans based on the model names, unless something in the future denies them of being actual titans.Baggins (talk) 05:08, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
- I started trying to straighten up these categories and ran into confusion. I'm about to leave work now, so I'll pick it up later. ;) My plan is to structure the categories as follows:
- Let me know if there's any problem with this structure in the lore. -- Mordsith - (talk|contr) 22:34, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
Wood Giant? Edit
This post on the official warcraft homepage and its accompanying wallpaper  calls the brown giants with trees growing out of them "wood giants". Perhaps this should be reflected on the page?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Omacron (talk · contr).
- Done, next time you can add it youself. Also remember to sign you posts with four tildes (~~ ~~). Benitoperezgaldos (talk) 17:14, 1 July 2009 (UTC)