Hey is it illegal to post information i figured out with WoW Mapviewer? Since i saw a complete dungeon complex in the same style as the Stockades but then much larger with it. --Pimmeh 04:19, 26 January 2007 (EST)
- I posted some info I got from a map viewer on Thottbot just to hush some people up who said the Thott entry was fake, but I'm not so sure posting it on WoWwiki would be a great idea. It has been done before such as on the Azshara Crater page and has not yet been reverted, but the layout is kind of wonky. You could probably just add a brief description, but no screenies. Remember though, it doesn't explicitly say that it is the Vault on the map. More likely than not it is, but just for the sake of argument there's a small chance it isn't. ~ Indium 10:21, 2 March 2007 (EST)
Should this become an instance there would be one real problem with it the instance is inside SW a capital if it were to be made horde accessible another entrance outside of the city would have to be made for balance or alternatively the Vault could be made and a similar version for Horde could be made in their city.-—The preceding unsigned comment was added by NPC582 (talk · contr).
- I cleaned these thoughts up a bit: Should this become an instance, there would be one real problem: with the instance being inside Stormwind to be made horde accessible another entrance outside of the city would have to be made for balance. Or, alternatively, the Vault could be made and a similar version for Horde could be made in their city.-- 21:01, 3 May 2007 (EDT)
While it actually is accesible it is very hard to get in. you can jump on some invissible ledges on the wall to get in. not much to see though. looks like entrance to stockades. when you head down the stairs there are 3 holes in the wall that you can walk out through. when walking out you will fall for a couple of seconds before landing under Stormwind. Elrox 12:19, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
Im trying to create an instance on a private server based of this article. I will repost with some screenshots when its done if you guys want.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Goosfrabaa (talk · contr).
Erm... Announceing that is a break of the EULA, but whatever floats your boat.--16:52, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
- I don't see how this could be any different. If someone writes a server software for a game and is not using third party code, then the server is his personal piece of software, it is his effort which went into the project, it's him who wrote all the code and of course it's also him who will be the copyright owner and it's him who can decide if and how his peace of software can be used either by himself or by any third party. And if you run this software on your personal server, you are the one actually deciding who may or may not use the service you're offering. So it may be used by yourself or by any third party you're permitting access to your server. Privatekey 20:56, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
- This is not the place for this discussion. 21:04, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
- True, this is intended to be a discussion about the unreleased instance "Stormwind Vault". Feel free to move it. ;-) Privatekey 21:24, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
I've seen a few references to the Stormwind Vault on various websites (less reputable), but in reference to the visible portal behind the portcullis in the canal area between the trade district and old town, none of these references mention the second prison structure. And since there's no practical way of getting into the prison-like structure in the canal, was actually wondering if this was meant to be the exit (like the Deadmines, where you come out on the other side of the mountain).
This could easily be made horde accessible though, in the same manner as Gnomeregan, where you port inside the city, right next to the instance portal. Would merely have to put the instance portal further in, maybe add a door that only alliance get the key for, like in SM so that the SW city guards won't come chasing any horde that'd port in there. --Metalbunny (talk) 22:58, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- How does that affect the article?-- 23:00, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, was annoyed with the PTR and some other stuff earlier today. Deleted the stuff that don't really have anything to do with the article :P ... just basically meant that this article is the only reference to the vaults I've seen that don't mention the swirly portal in the street, and the only one that mentions the prison building. --Metalbunny (talk) 05:01, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- There is nothing confirming that.-- 19:54, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- This is not a forum.-- 01:46, 16 April 2009 (UTC)