For those of us who killed Booty Bay goblins in order to gain Bloodsail Buccaneer rep... which level of reputation do you need with Booty Bay in order to participate in this tournament? I recently got to unfriendly, which allows me to peacefully walk around Booty Bay but I am unable to interact with the goblins (like the banker, vendors, etc...). Does the fishing extravaganza require higher than unfriendly reputation?
This page needs to say when, exactly, it starts, as well as perhaps some tips on how to win? (i.e:)
- Have a high-level person watch your back and gank other fishers
- Use one of the addons that makes it more obvious when the event is on and over
- Have someone watch for tastyfish schools and lead you to them
- Use Equipment to boost fishing skill
- Set hearthstone to the inn at booty bay, and practice running up to the appropriate NPC
- Use speed buffs and a mount wherever possible
- After the event is won, especially if you lose, KEEP FISHING until you have caught one of all three special bind on pickup fish for their rewards
Cheers Lwollert 06:56, 8 February 2007 (EST)
Apprentice Angler Reward Inconsistency Edit
- The page talks about a reward of over 1 gold for each 5-stack of Tastyfish you turn in. I think this may be level 70 specific perhaps? At level 35 I fished at today's contest (Dec. 16th '07 - 2.3), and for each stack of 5 Tastyfish I turned in, I was only getting 9 silver. The reward may, therefore, be level-range specific. Recluse 22:05, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
- Indeed, Recluse is correct, since the 2.3 patch stacks of 5 tastyfish reward different cash for different levels. At 41 I received 13 silver a stack. This is a disappointment as it used to reward 23 silver regardless of level previous to the patch. I fished for two hours, got 131 tastyfish, no rares and lost the competition by a fair margin. That's 3 gold, 38 silver for a couple hours work. Bummer.
- I got today 90 silver at Level 66. Has someone right reward values for all Levels? Ricdak 17:02, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
How Often Does This Take Place On A Given Sunday? Edit
Since this event takes place from 2 PM to 4 PM *** local time for the player ***, that seems to say that it occurs as a separate event in each time zone. Is that true?
Madkaugh 02:24, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
- It's 2 to 4pm server time. If there is a server for every time zone, than the event could run all day long. User:Coobra/Sig3 02:29, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
I meant on an individual realm, where multiple instances of the event would mean more instances of the prize items being created.
I checked my server's location, and it is in my timezone - then I realized that why I thought I was playing on a West Coast server was the maintenance schedule, but that is Pacific Time for all servers; so my assumption was wrong, it is not local time to the player (unless it just happens to be, as in my case.)