I think this requires a Burning Crusade Only tag--Pimmeh 21:10, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
- Before the release of BC, all BC-related pages had that tag. Then, sometime after the release, they were removed. It has enough hints for being BC exclusive anyway. ~ Nathanyel 23:14, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
How is it possible for the trinket received through the questline increase the flight speed to 318%, since Blizzard has confirmed time and time again the ONLY things that have that high of flight speed are the season arena mounts and the special mount given to ONE person? HeroORyu12 22:27, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
- Because the trinket increases the flight speed by 10%. Those special mounts that increase speed by 310% can get you all the way up to 451% speed.
∙ 22:29, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
- Ok.... But wait, the Riding Crop increases flight speed of mounts by 10% as well, so does that mean Flying mounts fly at a 318% speed, because from what I have heard Flying mounts can only get 290% flight speed, and if that is so, then Swift Flight Form can only obtain 290% flight speed. HeroORyu12 22:35, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
- that would be their max, unaltered speed.
∙ 22:41, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
- that would be their max, unaltered speed.
Does this overwrite normal flight form?
Does getting this skill overwrite flight form like Dire bear form overwrites bear form? --Dga 22:26, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- Yes ~ Nathanyel 09:12, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
about the speed increase comment
> Actually I don't think it's correct, given the change to the Charm of Swift Flight. It no longer conveys a speed increase, merely a mana cost reduction.
Well of course now it's not correct anymore, but back then it was *rolleyes* Gonna remove that part altogether, I don't think the speed increase functionality is ever coming back. ~ 12:17, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
- No. 06:51, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
- As with the other class 'mounts', the original questlines remain and are available at the same level, but you can also buy the skill from your class trainer at the next level. In this case, questline still requires Level 70 (only option for people who haven't upgraded to WotLK yet) but alts can also save the effort (especially farming LC rep and finding a group for Sethekk Heroic, though I will try solo-runs on Anzu once I have decent Northrend epics, and thus would happily run any 70 druids through) and purchase the skill at Level 71. Will still require Riding 300, of course, but I guess the costs for the actual skill will not be much higher than for normal flight form. ~ Nathanyel (talk) 10:00, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
Questilne Boss Accessible?
I understand that it was not removed, but I must ask, if you choose to buy it at level 71 INSTEAD of doing the quest chain, you will in turn loose any ability to access Anzu, for you get the ability to access him in the quest chain, correct? I'm just curious because with my pally mount, I did the quest, and was told that I was stupid (also many people incorrectly believed that the quest disappeared). I recently started a druid, and I would choose to buy it over just doing the quest, if I still had access to the special boss. Exarian(talk)
- I'm pretty sure the quest is still available even if you buy the skill from the trainer. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 21:35, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- "Pretty Sure" and "Sure" are different ends of a spectrum.. Exarian(talk)
- Quests only become inaccessible if one has already done them. If you choose to train in flight rather than do the quests, you will still have the option of doing the quests later on. User:Coobra/Sig3 22:15, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
latest edit on items not usable in 3.0.3?
Murph, can you give examples for those items? The items for the Ogri'la/Skettis bombing runs and the Booterang still work, and Fresh/Preserved Holly doesn't work for obvious reasons. Are there new bombing quests in Northrend? ~ Nathanyel (talk) 11:18, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- There were some usable quest items that I encountered in Storm Peaks and Icecrown which you were expected to use while flying, and they worked just fine on a flying mount, but cancelled swift flight form. Yes, the old Outland dailies were all ok (and still are, as far as I know). I don't think I have encountered a daily quest in Northrend that has this issue, but some of the non-repeatable flying quests definitely caused some unexpected plummeting. I'll have a look to see if I can spot the quests in question, but I'm afraid I didn't take a note of them at the time - just filed a bug report with the GMs and completed the quest on one of my mounts. The GMs didn't go as far as to say it would be fixed, but they did say it would be passed on to the devs, and they didn't say "working as intended". --Murph (talk · contr) 11:45, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'm only about 80% certain, as it's been a little while since I did the quests, but I think the following were some of the items that caused me to drop out of flight form:
- In each case, either the item tooltip, the quest description, or the nature of the quest requires or allows you to use the item while flying. Some of them do say "while mounted" or equivalent, but flight form is meant to be mostly equivalent to a flying mount (with benefits), and it seemed to me like these items should work ok in flight form. There may well have been other instances of this, but I can't remember/find any more right now.
- --Murph (talk · contr) 12:32, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- Oh right, now I remember Hodir's Helm... it doesn't unshift you, though. But I think I did Fun and Games (Horde) in Flight Form, no mention of druid related issues on both factions' respective quest pages on WH confirms that.
- I guess the unshift in the air is a one-time bug you found, as I don't even unshift for crafting when on the ground (pretty annoying sometimes) ~ Nathanyel (talk) 13:18, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm, it's possible that an addon unshifted me, but not really possible for me to test. I certainly had 3 or 4 incidents while running through the quests in the 2 zones where using an item intended for use while flying caused me to lose flight form and start plummeting. --Murph (talk · contr) 19:46, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
I only go 280% when near land. while flying my 280% speed mount is much faster. is this how it is supposed to be? or is a glitch in my private server?