Why the hell is there conflicting information regarding him? Whoever put "This is actually not a correct strat (above)." should've merely removed the incorrect information and replaced it with their own instead of leaving it there.
-Can someone confirm that Counterspell does work on his Arcane Explosion? I'm pretty sure I've counterspelled it before - the immune message is just with respect to the added silence from talents. Next time I run this place I'll make sure, but if anyone else is positive, go ahead and change that. Yaltus 09:39, 10 February 2007 (EST)
- CS does indeed work to interrupt the arcane explosion. I have tested this, and it is effective. The "Immune" message merely comes up if the mage has Improved Counterspell, as the boss is immune to the silence effect.
- Earthshock (for sure) and Shield Bash (according to our Tank) work also to interrupt arcane explosion, at least in non-heroic mode. Melaine 05:32, 9 May 2007 (EDT)
- I have edited the page to reflect this.--Wenry the mage 01:05, 12 February 2007 (EST)
request for cleanup Edit
The strategies section needs to be read through, cleaned up, and consolidated. ~~----
- Agreed, and done. -Scrotch 23:14, 28 April 2007 (EDT)
- No major changes have been made since I redid the strategy section so I removed the cleanup tag. --Scrotch 02:36, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
Anyone tried to Ice Block through the Acrane Explosion? I was in a Pyro/Arcane Explosion race the other day and got my Pyro off, but was 2 steps short of breaking LoS and died. Could I have simply Ice blocked through the AOE/blast and survived? That would be a good strat as I did pretty good damage with my Pyro and had the DOT on him. If you have the reduced cast time on fireball (I am frost so didn't have that but was mid-cast when he started his AOE) you could get a FB off in the time it took him to cast and Ice Block through the AOE.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Silverwicca (talk · contr).
It seems his Arcane Blast has been tweaked recently. As of about a week ago (around 01/10/08), according to my combat log, he is immune to Counterspell. I hit CS as he started casting his AE and it didn't stop. I WAS able to ice block through it though so that is viable and if timed right (I got lucky on my first one) will last through the bolt as well effectively reducing damage to zero. Strangely, I hit him with a pyro and frost bolt at different times duringthe fight when he was casting and the log again said immune. So, from what I can tell, he is immune to basically all magic durning his AE cast. Can someone confirm? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Silverwicca (talk · contr).