This page is a very helpful overview but I think "in-depth" is not the most exact description... mostly because the most in-depth pages on the chain are actually found in the individual quest pages themselves here. To me, this page reads more like a very good at-a-glance page.
I'd like to propose that we consider changing the title of this page to something like "The Master's Key Quest Line"?
If we are to call this an in-depth page, it really needs to be in-depth like the one for Onyxia's Lair Attunement, I think.
I'm the guy who added the info about stealthing into Arc to get the key. Our group was a 70 rogue in quest blues and greens, a 70 druid (me) in quest blues and greens, and a 70 rogue in some Kara gear. Two times we tried to pass it and it immediately aggro'd on the stealthed Kara-gear rogue even before she got close to it. We defeated the arcane guardian construct with me tanking and the rogues going all-out, aggro was easily managed with taunt, but its death-explosion killed all of us. With the arcane guardian out of the way we were able to reach the voidwalker room without trouble. The guardian is able to two- or three-shot even the Kara rogue, so having the druid heal instead of tank is probably very difficult (we tried once and failed, but my druid is feral not resto). Seankreynolds 17:53, 22 January 2008 (UTC)
I've removed the following text about getting the key to Arcatraz for two reasons: The instructions are documented in the Arcatraz page, and having it here seemed to sort of make the steps a bit more muddled. However, I added a table of contents and also split off the "Access requirements" section so that a reader could see, before they even start the chain, that there are things they need to do separate from the chain itself.
For historical purposes here is the full text that I removed about the Arcatraz key:
Entrance into Arcatraz requires that you have a rogue with 350 lockpicking, or a key to Arcatraz. If you have a rogue, skip this step and go straight to 6. For others:
- First you must obtain the quest from Area 52 called from Nether-Stalker Khay'ji.
- Next you'll get . Go and kill Nesaad (28, 79) and return to Nether-Stalker Khay'ji.
- Then you will be sent to Eco-dome Midrealm where you will be given the task of collecting 10 surveying equipment boxes. Return to the quest giver.
- You will then be sent to Nexus-Prince Haramad in Stormspire who will ask you to locate triangulation point using his device (Co-ords 66,33) and then deliver to Dealer Hazzin at the protectorate watchpost.
- Then you will be asked to discover Triangulation point 2 (co-ords 28,41) and hand in to Wind Trader Tuluman at small trading point back across the bridge.
- Then you will be asked to go kill Culuthas, a level 70 elite demon at 53,21 (very easy, can be 2 manned if not soloed) to complete the full triangle and to recover the Ata'mal Crystal.
- Take this crystal to Nexus-Prince Haramad and you will be ambushed by 3 blood elves... dont worry, the Ethereals annhiliate them for you.
- Then take the portal where Nexus-Prince came from during the blood elf attack to Shattrath and speak to A'dal in the Terrace of Light in Shattrath.
- Now you will be given the quest to obtain the Arcatraz Key shards. The Top Half of the Arcatraz key can be located in The Botanica of Tempest Keep (left floating island) and drops from Warp Splinter, the final boss.
- The Bottom half of the key drops from Pathaleon the Calculator in The Mechanar of Tempest Keep (right floating island). Known issue: If you wipe on the last boss of The Mechanar or the waves of mobs before him, the door will bug and will not reopen even when you run back. To avoid this, take a warlock for soulstone or you'll have to page a GM and hope they get back to you quick enough and are willing to portal you to the other side.
- Once you have both key shards take them back to A'dal in Shattrath and you will have your Arcatraz key.
-- Teni 18:43, 4 April 2007 (EDT)