- Past discussions archived to...
- ...Talk:Useful macros/Archive01 Archived 21:51, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
/startattack type macro for wands?
Is there a macro that can start shooting a wand but won't toggle shoot off again?--RotJ 19:18, 19 May 2007 (UTC)
Yes there is.
#shoot /cast !shoot
This is a (moderately) spammable wand macro that helps prevent you from accidentally switching off your wand's shoot. Normally using your wand toggles 'shoot' on and off. This macro keeps it switched on. So if you accidentally press it twice, it'll still keep shooting. It works most of the time (unless you really mash the key).
The ! exclamation is the key to this. It stops the toggle. If you want to stop shooting, jump, move, re-target or kill the mob.
Should this page (and the subpages per class) be cleaned up a bit to reflect the latest changes? Not all the macros (most notably the mount ones that try a flier before regular mount) need all that's written into them at this point. --Vrak 17:39, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- Feel free to cleanup as needed. If macros can be optimized or are no longer needed, anyone is encouraged to make the edits needed, no discussion required. --GRYPHONtc 02:41, 25 June 2007 (UTC)
I don't know if this changed with the 2.2 patch or what, but the way these macros are all written is not very efficient. When you have a macro with button modifiers, to save space you can list the modifiers in reverse order: ctrl, alt, shift (or any order of modifiers) then end with nomod, which decreases the need for the actual option [nomod]. For example: /cast [mod:alt] Summon Felhunter; [mod:ctrl] Summon Voidwalker; [mod:shift] Summon Imp; Summon Felguard is the same as writing /cast [nomod] Summon Felguard; [mod:alt] Summon Felhunter; [mod:ctrl] Summon Voidwalker; [mod:shift] Summon Imp and saves a few characters. All the macros should either be changed to reflect this, or at least have an alternate macro syntax. Perhaps this notation should be on the HOWTO: Make a Macro page too? --Xtoq 19:00, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
Streamlining macros is my passion! My goals are as follows: 1) replace duplicate concepts with more generalized cases, 2) redirect by-class solutions that have a parent concept on this page, 3) replace macros that simply don't work with discussions of alternatives, 4) order the macros by complexity when possible OR 5) place related concepts adjacent to each other. I am also 6) Wikifying, which means the obliteration of 'credits', amongst other things. Some brainchildren (favorite inventions) are bound to be deleted this way, so I am doing my best to document specific deletions while not losing their concepts entirely. JIM the Inventor (talk) 02:03, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- I am also establishing some naming conventions for the sections. Categories "feel good" as plural nouns, and leaf topics (def: possess no subtopics) mostly begin with verbs. Ordering is also taking a life of its own with, I admit, some of my favorite categories getting pushed to the top (or the end, which, according to psychology, makes them more memorable to everyone). JIM the Inventor (talk) 06:49, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
Honest to betsy, right now, there is so much accumulated crap on these pages in the name of not losing information that I think it needs an editor go through with a dull axe. The macros seem fine, but the actual descriptions of what they do, and how they implement is very awkward and nonstandard and full of ill-explored lingo. I suggest that we make a subpage for each macro page which includes 'old' and 'outdated' macros. --TalenLee (talk) 11:52, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
- Oh god! no, not an individual page fFor every macro! I can see it now: 5 million little pages with duplicated, mundane macros. EEAGH! No no; I mean, the dull axe part is right. Start trimming! Someone with some time and some smarts should go through and make sure every one of them works in the current patch, and is not a trivial example, and delete the rest. I'm willing to do some of this, but I'm not really an "experienced user" with some sense of authority on the matter. Skotte (talk) 19:16, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
Now that there is a Useful macros (old) page, but since then people have added macros in an unstructured way, I have added some topic headers and moved the content around. It may be possible to move certain topics to separate pages, in the way that there are now Useful macros for rogues etc. pages, such as the ones specific to Raiding and Parties. Would be useful to have a list of these "useful macros for ..." in a "See also" section. Tequima (talk) 08:24, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
All Healthstones macro?
In a raid, it is highly probable that you will have all three talented levels of healthstones in your inventory. Is it possible to make a macro that will attempt to use all levels at once, starting with the most powerful? Obviously, it would result in two error messages each time (2x "On cooldown"; 1x "On Cooldown" and 1x "Don't have that item"; and 2x "Don't have that item"), but it would be unbelievably useful to put three buttons into one macro. --Valandilv 05:49, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
- At a guess, I doubt it. They are all named (Assuming max level warlocks) 'master healthstone', with no other differentiation between them. Could you use a simple macro something like
- #show Master Healthstone
- /use Master Healthstone
- ? This would probably just use whichever one it ran into first in the bags, though... I don't have access to multiple healthstones most of the time so I can't test it... --Azaram 09:14, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
- The different levels of healthstone have different ItemID, so you can make a macro like this:
- /use item:22105
- /use item:22104
- /use item:22103
- ...and for the sake of neatness add
- /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
- at the end. Jackstrom 18:56, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- Is there a way to make the tooltip for the macro show the highest "rank" healthstone that is available? I want to be able to check the macro icon rather :than searching through my bags to see if I have any healthstones to make clicking the macro even worth it. Baruce 04:02, 01 June 2008 (UTC)
Simple Enchanting Macro
/script DoTradeSkill(GetTradeSkillSelectionIndex()); /click CharacterWristSlot; --Target Slot Name /script ReplaceEnchant();
- - Open Character Window/Trade.
- - Open Enchanting Window. (Is not necessary to open the target of the enchant, Ex: to enchant a bracer you don't need to open the Character Portrait).
- - Select the desired Enchant.
- - To get the slot name, just mouse over and copy paste and execute this line in the chat:
THIS SKIPS THE CONFIRMATION DIALOG.
Examples of possible "Target Slot Name": A Back Pack Slot:
/click CharacterWristSlot; --Target Slot Name
Not Be Traded:
To Be Edited.
Cannibalize is most definitely usable in combat. Gmillerd 21:49, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
Target dead mob?
Is there a way to use the 'dead' modifier to target a mob? Annoyingly, when you loot one of the robots around the Plateau, you de-target it once you've taken the loot, so you have to REtarget to be able to convert it. (signed retroactively) --Azaram 08:10, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
If I understand you correctly: no. All conditionals, including "dead" - but excluding "target=" - are simple true/false roadblocks. What you seek is more in the domain of a command, like the non-existant /targetdeadenemy. Alternatively, if there was something that ensured your Crazed Sentinels were /focus'd, then it would be a simple matter to work that into Crystal Core use. Propositions aside, my best advice is to just bite the bullet and target those corpses as you've been doing. JIM the Inventor (talk) 07:04, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
The QD macro
The Isle of Quel'Dailies macro isn't working for me. When I use it while in the dead scar, it makes a 'whoosh' noise and gives the green target circle, but apparently for the flaming oil, so I can't bomb anything. Since you can hit the sails on all the ships from the one you land on, you don't really need to use the oil in a hurry, like you do the arcane charges. I'm going to remove the flaming oil from (my personal copy) of the macro. Can someone figure out how to rig it to know which you need? --Azaram 02:05, 29 April 2008 (UTC)
- I also took out the 'equip the goggles' line... it was killing my DPS every time I used it and lost my purple pimp hat. --Azaram 14:18, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
I'll add another vote for the IQD macro being busted. It equips the quest goggles wherever you are and it can't actually toss the Dead Scar bombs. Add a warning that it doesn't actually work?
- It does work, except - as you're saying - the author didn't publically anticipate that people will gather up all the quests and do them in one go. While this, /ahem, oversight is a head-slapper in the Case of Flaming Oil vs. Arcane Charges, it is forgivable in other cases (e.g. the geographically distinct Goggles and ... everything else). But certainly, gentlemen, the addition of some warning is merited. Given some time to mull over it, I'll likely make the revision myself. JIM the Inventor (talk) 07:15, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- Done. :-) JIM the Inventor (talk) 19:51, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
PvP status macro
/run local m=GetPVPTimer()/1000 message(not UnitIsPVP("player")and"You are not flagged"or(GetPVPDesired()>0)and"You are permaflagged"or"Your PvP flag wears off in "..(m>60 and floor(m/60).." minutes "or"")..floor(m%60).." seconds")
/run local m=GetPVPTimer()/1000 if UnitIsPVP("player")then SendChatMessage(GetPVPDesired()>0 and"I am permaflagged"or"My PvP flag wears off in "..(m>60 and floor(m/60).." minutes "or"")..floor(m%60).." seconds",UnitInRaid("player")and"RAID"or"PARTY")end
First macro will tell you how much time till your PvP flag goes down. Second macro will tell this information to your party or raid.
/use item:##### for spells?
I've tried to do a similar thing to spells (i.e. Summon Dreadsteed: spell:23161) but I cant seem to do it, /use or /cast do not work. What am i doing wrong? Chaos of Warcraft (talk) 15:35, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
Cast spell1, if it fails cast spell2
Is it possible to write a macro like this (pseudocode) :
CAST Spell1, IF it-failed-because-it's-on-cooldown THEN CAST Spell2
Smart mount macro??
Using this macro now. For different mounts just change the values, in this case 1(Ground) and 8(Flying).
/run local z=GetZoneText()if IsFlying()then x=x;elseif IsMounted()then Dismount();else if(z=='Dalaran'or z=='Wintergrasp'or IsFlyableArea()~=1)and GetSubZoneText()~="Krasus' Landing"then CallCompanion("MOUNT",1)else CallCompanion("MOUNT",8)end;end;
# 8.1 One-click Northrend dailies
Hello, I added this macro and I wanted to let people know that any suggestions and additions to this are totally welcome, this macro was based on the stage in the rep grind my character is in so it is missing some for sure. Actually it is probably missing some that I even do have access to right now. I forgot one, Spear of Hodir, but it will not fit this way "/use item:42769", I will make this addon /click another button for more room later.Eddiemars (talk) 17:45, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
Duo Party Attack Macro
I run around in a permanent party with a housemate - and found this very useful without using a focus button. Not only does it allow each of us to swing to each others target but starts autoattack after spell casting - have it set up for each of my main 1st cast spell attacks. You could also set it up for party<number> to follow a single persons target. If my party member does not have a target it will attack the enemy I had targeted.
/target <Insert name or party1 etc>
/cast <Insert spell here>
Replaced Unregistering and Registering error frames with the better (and safer) UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
- I'm still working on the revision. Will post shortly. See what you think. Basic question is how is using UIErrorsFrame:Clear() safer than using UnregisterEvent() and RegisterEvent() correctly? Or, apart from saving characters in macros, better? Arrek (talk) 05:41, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Now posted. --Arrek (talk) 05:50, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
Macros for Worgen DK
Macros useable for Worgen Death Knights where they can add their racial ability, Darkflight to their macros to make them more effective for battle. For example
/use Darkflight /cast Heart Strike /cast Festering Strike
Destroy All Grey Items
Is there a way to get a macro activated from chat?