- Can be worked on. If nobody else does anything I can probably get it...functional in a week.--TheUltimate (talk) 11:40, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- "War Against the Lich King" is no way an official name by Blizzard, but it's a better name than to say that the conflict is "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King", as that's where it links too.
- Against, this is a fan-made name, and even though the Ulduar video says that it's a war against the Lich King, doesn't mean that the conflict is called "War Against the Lich King". --User:Gourra/Sig2 11:52, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- Formated them some bit :)
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 19:13, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
Managed to clean it up a bit and re-word a few sections to clarify the conflict. I believe that this could very well be the "Fourth War" or the "Scourge War" should Blizzard decide on an official name in the future. "War Against The Lich King" just seems too wordy, but it'll do for now. Tex Howdy! 20:14, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
shouldnt Grand Apothecary Putress be added? Maybe under sylvanas considering he was appointed as a commander of the Horde in Northrend when the Scourge attacked Orgrimmar--Maelstrong 14:40, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
added more commanders--Maelstrong 13:16, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Cataclysm Trailer Edit
- I've added the reference. Maybe Blizzard does intends to call this conflict simply "war against the Lich King". Benitoperezgaldos (talk) 02:22, October 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Or it could simply be a generic descriptor; after all, it IS the war against the Lich King, regardless of whether or not that's the official name of the conflict. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 05:43, October 6, 2009 (UTC)
What about the Outland War? Edit
This war series goes from the third straight to the war on the LK. Any plans to put Outlands in there? If it wasn't a war what was it? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Grimx0r (talk · contr).
- Yes, the whole thing might be considered as a conflict/war.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 07:53, May 4, 2010 (UTC)
Name suggestion: ScourgewarEdit
As per the official name of the Wrath of the Lich King card block for the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game, which also includes the Scourgewar: Wrathgate and Scourgewar: Icecrown sets.
- The icy shores of the frozen north welcome all those willing enough to enter. The ever-expanding reach of the Lich King has drawn the forces of both the Horde and the Alliance to the frigid lands of Northrend, but they do not know the horrors that await them. Can you muster the courage you will need when death itself stares back at you? The unrelenting forces of the Scourge have risen and they will stop at nothing until the last breath of life has been siphoned from Azeroth.
- The Scourgewar has begun...
Just an idea. Also brings to mind some possibilities for the War in Outland, such as March of the Legion and The Hunt for Illidan, though those aren't quite as all-encompassing as Scourgewar is. WoWWiki-Suzaku (talk) 12:20, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
- I would agree for a redirect, but not for a move.
- Many sources says War against the Lich King, and Scourgewar would be only because of the TGC
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 12:23, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
Length of war and casualties according to the ShatteringEdit
According to the novel 'the Shattering' the war took about a eyar and about 50 000 people died on the Alliance side. Should we add this to the page?Not quite sure though, can someone with the novel check first? Gorvar (talk) 17:24, October 19, 2010 (UTC)