Another suggestion Edit
- Could someone please add a definition for Theorycrafting?
- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Boozedog (talk · contr). 06:22, 19 July 2007
Tank and Spank -- When the boss has no special abilities to note, and the tank stands in place and the rest of the team dps's or "spanks" the target down.
Burn -- Killing the boss in the last percentages of its life while disregarding any special effects, debuffs, etc the boss performs.
Feel free to moidify this, I just remembered these off the top of my head.
Suggested additions (from Teh ownage) Edit
Here are some additions taken from Teh ownage. I'd like some community feedback on the validity of these terms since I haven't heard some of them myself. Others are generally gaming terms and might be okay for this page if we're interested in representing a broader topic.
- To beat someone in PvP combat. Tense: To own him, you are owning him, you owned him.
--I find that people use "pwn" or "pwned" more than "own" -Remsyk
- "the" a word used by players in place of "the". formally mistakes and a Typo most people intend to say the word
- "no" or "no way" typically used in "Hey dude can u gief meh a boost through Deadmines plx?" "noes :P"
- "oh my god" most commonly used when a haxx epic item drops unexpectedly.
- "Oh Really?"
- "Ownage" or Very cool
- "Want to Buy"
- "Want to sell"
- "Yah Really"
- As much as it pains me to say so, some of the above should probably be added. WTB, WTS and WTT (Want To Trade) are extremely common in trade channels. Unfortunately, Own (ownage) and Pwn (pwnage) have crept into common use. I'd rather not see spelling-impaired terms like Teh, Noes, and Plx added since they are all not really WoW-specific or even MMO-specific, like OMG . Orly and Yarly are amusing, but also barely justifiable. Pwnz0rnage should stay out according to the L337-speak Non-Proliferation Treaty of 2007. -- (talk · contr) 5:50 PM PDT 1 Nov 2007