How sad... I guess this will make this the first instance to ever be removed from the game since vanilla... and no more tiger/raptor mounts. User:Coobra/Sig4 03:21, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Ah, but it might be Blizz-speak, if you read between the lines on the Cat forums. Removed as a raid instance might very well mean it will be retuned as something else... ;) Frejya 03:43, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
- That is true... they do have fun with their words, don't they. User:Coobra/Sig4 03:55, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
New "Cata" zone article
/sigh ... why do people keep thinking this place was (or rather is) being added with the Cataclysm xpak... Just because you can fly into it during cata, doesn't mean it was never there. If you really want, there is a way currently to get into ZG (non-instance) in the live version... or heck go use Eye of the Eagle or Farsight... Anyway... I deleted that other newly created article, cause it offered nothing new that isn't already on this article. User:Coobra/Sig4 07:07, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
- You're aware that the ZG raid instance is getting removed in Cataclysm and replaced with an outdoor zone, right? --User:Gourra/Sig2 09:32, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
- I was the one who created the page, after talking about it in IRC. Here's the log:
[07:25:50] <Eraclito> kd3, Zul'Gurub should be split in two pages? one for the raid (for the 'removed in 4.0') and one for the zone
[07:25:51] <+Dotted> Eraclito meant: www.wowwiki.com/Zul'Gurub
[07:29:18] <Sky2042_afk> Eraclito: probably a good one to relocate.
[07:29:36] <Sky2042_afk> A move to zul'Gurub (raid) with subsequent removal of the lore from the page would be a good idea, I suspect.
[07:29:37] <+Dotted> Sky2042_afk meant: www.wowwiki.com/zul'Gurub_(raid)
[08:00:15] <Eraclito> i couldn't move Zul'Gurub, so i created Zul'Gurub_(zone) and put in both the disambiguation link
[08:00:16] <+Dotted> Eraclito meant: www.wowwiki.com/Zul'Gurub, www.wowwiki.com/Zul'Gurub_(zone)
- I know about the outdoor live zone, but it's a closed zone and doesn't actually have any page on the wiki, and absolutely no purpose on live.
- BTW, my idea is the same as Sky: move Zul'Gurub to Zul'Gurub (raid) and the zone page back to Zul'Gurub. Eraclito 14:29, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
- I think the problem was that the page was created, but there wasn't any new content in the article itself other than "this isn't the raid". Except for that one clarification it was really a duplicate article. ZG already has a Cataclysm section detailing the changes. Once the expansion comes out it's an easy enough change to the page to have the current information moved to the top and the Raid information shifted to the end. Frejya 14:51, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
- That is exactly why I deleted it. And considering when it was created it was referred to as a new cataclysm zone, you can see what lead to the confusion... it's simply a subzone, not a new zone, and it's existed since vanilla. But as it is now works, a background page and an instance page. User:Coobra/Sig4 20:12, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
No doubt in my mind that this place will be a 5man... the quest line to me came to an abrupt end... and from what I saw, Zanzil never offered a single quest. The place will most likely have 6 bosses with a possible 7th, and Jin'do will probably be the final boss. User:Coobra/Sig4 22:06, September 29, 2010 (UTC)