|Cooldown||None/GCD 1.5 sec|
- Here, Kitty kitty...
Tame Beast allows the Hunter to train the beasts of Azeroth and make it their life-long companions. The ability is essential for hunters to learn new abilities for their pets that which cannot be trained from pet trainers.
|Tame Beast !! 6 80|
Tips and tactics
Taming a beast can be made easier with some preparation. Some of the beasts you encounter have special attacks which will cause your attempt to tame them to fail.
- Put down a between you and your target and optionally use . This will add up to 20 seconds of uninterrupted time for taming.
- Have a mage friend the beast and you can then tame it.
- Have a druid friend it.
- Have a priest friend around you while you tame it (no threat).
The methods above applied more to when the time to tame was 20 sec. With the time now 10 sec. many of these methods are not necessary.
- You cannot have another pet active if you want to tame a new one. Stable any pet you have active before attempting to tame a new one.
- Interruptions will fail the attempt. This includes stuns, knock downs, and silence, but does not include the daze effect.
- You can only tame beasts your level and lower.
- If you try to tame a beast higher level than your own you receive a system message on your screen that says your level isn't high enough for this beast.
- Some beasts cannot be tamed. Only certain families of beasts are tamable, and even within those families not every member is tamable. To ensure the beast you want is tamable, you may want to cast Beast Lore on it for more information.
- Families tamable by all hunter specs are : bat, bear, boar, carrion bird, cat, crocolisk, dragonhawk, gorilla, hyena, moth (new in WOTLK), nether ray, bird of prey (new family in WOTLK including the previous owl family), raptor, ravager, scorpid, serpent, spider, spore bat, tallstrider, turtle, warp stalker, wasp (new in WOTLK), wind serpent, and wolf.
- As of Patch 3.0.2, Beast Mastery specced Hunters are able to tame additional 'exotic' pet families if they have learned the 51-point Beast Mastery talent. The exotic families added with this patch were chimaera, core hound, devilsaur, silithid and worm. In Wrath of the Lich King, at least two new 'exotic' pet families will be added : rhino and spirit beast.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Now tames pets to match the hunter's level, rather than 3 levels below.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): No longer reduces armor while taming. Time taken to tame pet reduced by 10 sec. Mana cost removed.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Beast Mastery talent allows taming of "exotic" pets.
- Patch 1.11.1 (28-Jun-2006): Added.