|Status||Dead, Slain by Illidan Stormrage|
The Butcher is a reference to an earlier Blizzard game, Diablo, which had an early boss with the same name and the same introduction sound. The item he drops, "Wirt's Second Leg", is a reference to an NPC in Diablo who would from time to time refer to this boss who, before the events of the game, attacked and severed one of Wirt's legs. Also, Wirt's wooden leg could be found in Diablo II and used to access the Secret Cow Level.
- "Ahh, fresh meat!"
Statistics of The Butcher in Warcraft III
- 3300 HP (+181% more than a regular abomination)
- 500 MP (regular abominations have no MP)
- 121-130 normal melee damage (+249% more than a regular abomination)
- 2 heavy armor (same as a regular abomination)
- Bloodlust (additional damage buff)
- Evasion (sometimes attacks on him miss)
- War Stomp (Damages and stuns nearby units)
The Butcher is being compared to an abomination without upgrades.