An ingredient for most Tailoring recipes and many Leatherworking recipes. All thread is vendor-bought. Higher level recipes will move on to more expensive threads, usually coinciding with the cloth or leather that you're using, although that's only a rough guide.
- Coarse Thread costs 10 from vendors and is used in low-skill Tailoring and Leatherworking combinations. Its generally seen alongside Linen and Light Leather.
- Fine Thread costs 1 from vendors and follows after Coarse thread. Its usually used with Wool, Silk, Medium Leather, and Heavy Leather.
- Silken Thread costs 5 and usually works with Mageweave and Heavy Leather.
- Heavy Silken Thread costs 20 and works alongside Mageweave and Thick Leather.
- Rune Thread, costing 50 is used for most high-level Tailoring and Leatheworking recipes. As such, it sees service with Runecloth, Felcloth, Mooncloth, and Thick Leathers.
- Eternium Thread, costing 3 indroduced in Wrath of the Lich King Expansion. It is used with Frostweave.