|Cooldown||6 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Tips and Tactics
- Thunder Clap is useful for tanking when a warrior needs to multi-tank a large number of mobs.
- Be careful using this ability around crowd controlled mobs, as the damage it inflicts will likely break the crowd control effect. If possible it is best to apply Thunder Clap before crowd control, or to pull the mobs you wish to Thunder Clap away from the sheeped/sapped/trapped/etc. mobs. Also be careful of using this around a mob your group's hunter is trying to draw into a Freezing Trap, as it may make it more difficult for the hunter to establish aggro on the mob.
- Thunder Clap can be useful against melee PvP opponents, as it reduces their ability to inflict damage. Its AoE effect against opponents makes it especially useful in large battles.
- Pandaren warriors strike the ground with their rears, rather than with their foot.
- Thunder Clap's damage is physical and is mitigated by the armor of the opponent.
- Thunder Clap cannot be cast while silenced.
- Thunder Clap dealt Nature damage when the game was first released. This was quickly changed.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): This ability now counts as a ranged attack, granting it double damage on critical strikes instead of 150% and ranged miss chance, and still cannot be dodged or parried.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Damage increased, cooldown increased, will now affect all targets within a range.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Visual and animation changed.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Now causes Physical damage instead of Nature damage; damage increased; duration increased with each new rank.