| This article or section is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
According to <Caretaker> of the Golden Lotus, the Thunder King was an emperor named Lei Shen and various weapons and armor of the Thunder King were buried in shrines and tombs around the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. The Thunder King was a tyrannical Mogu warlord who united the Mogu factions at some point in the distant past and became the first emperor of the mogu in Pandaria. The Thunder King rose to power “the mogu way”; namely, by eliminating his rivals one by one. According to legend, he was able to accomplish this with the help of a mysterious artifact that he found in the depths of a mountain. After his rise to power, he built the Mogu'shan Vaults to contain and protect this secret and converted the surrounding structure into a sort of shrine dedicated to the mogu empire.
- Uniting the mogu of Pandaria into an empire.
- Subjugating the other races of Pandaria, except the mantid.
- Constructing the great wall called the Serpent's Spine.
- ^  ,  , 
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2012-07-30. Blizzard Insider #45 – Mists of Pandaria – Raid Preview. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
- ^ a b c d Nethaera 2013-02-20. Know Thy Enemy: Portrait of a Thunder King. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
Nethaera 2013-02-20. Know Thy Enemy: Portrait of a Thunder King. Official World of Warcraft Community site (EU).
- ^ a b Matthew Rossi 2012-12-21. Know Your Lore: Who is the Thunder King?. WoW Insider.