Tidal Waves is a passive shaman ability learned at level 50 for those with the restoration specialization. After casting or , the cast time of and is reduced, while the crit chance of is increased.
- When healing a single target, Tidal Waves allows you to briefly increase your healing output by casting Riptide followed by two fast Healing Waves or Greater Healing Waves. This can help you overcome damage spikes on tanks, or help you or an ally survive in PvP.
- When using Chain Heal to heal a raid group, Tidal Waves allows you to cast a quick Healing Wave or Greater Healing Wave on a target that needs immediate healing. The reduced casting time of the heals not only means that a potentially life-saving heal can land faster, but also that you can get back to casting Chain Heal sooner.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): No longer reduces the cast time of Lesser Healing Wave by 30%. It instead now provides +25% critical strike chance to Lesser Healing Wave, along with the previous 30% cast time benefit to Healing Wave.
- Hotfix (2009-04-22): "The Thunderfall Totem will no longer increase the casting time of Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave when Tidal Waves is active."
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Will now also proc from Riptide. Number of charges increased from 1 to 2.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.