|Location||Restoration, Tier 6|
|Affects||Chain Heal, Riptide, Healing Wave, Healing Wave|
Tidal Waves is a Shaman talent in the Restoration tree. It provides a passive boost to the scaling of Lesser Healing Wave and Healing Wave, and also reduces the casting time of those spells when used right after Chain Heal or Riptide.
|Rank||Healing Wave/Greater Healing Wave cast time||Healing Surge Critical Chance|
|1||+ 10%||+ 10%|
|2||+ 20%||+ 20%|
|3||+ 30%||+ 30%|
The talent has two separate effects:
- When you cast Chain Heal or Riptide, you gain a buff that reduces the casting time of your next two Greater Healing Wave or Healing Wave spells.
- Your Healing Surge gains an increased chance to get a critical effect.
Tips and tactics
When healing a single target, Tidal Waves allows you to briefly increase your healing output by casting Riptide followed by two fast Lesser Healing Waves or Healing Waves. This can help you overcome damage spikes on tanks, or help you or an ally survive in PvP.
When using Chain Heal to heal a raid group, Tidal Waves allows you to cast a quick Lesser Healing Wave or Healing Wave on a target that needs immediate healing. The reduced casting time of the heals not only means that a potentially life-saving heal can land faster, but also that you can get back to casting Chain Heal sooner.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): No longer reduces the cast time of Lesser Healing Wave by 30%. It instead now provides +25% critical strike chance to Lesser Healing Wave, along with the previous 30% cast time benefit to Healing Wave.
- Hotfix (2009-04-22): "The Thunderfall Totem will no longer increase the casting time of Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave when Tidal Waves is active."
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Will now also proc from Riptide. Number of charges increased from 1 to 2.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.