Tier 9 is the armor set associated with the Crusaders' Coliseum, released in patch 3.2. Awarded by the Argent Crusade, tier 9 is designed to ready players for the crusade's eventual march on Icecrown Citadel to take on the Lich King.
- ____ of Conquest: item level 232 (Purchasable through ), tier 9 gear.
- ____ of Triumph: item level 245 (10-player Heroic mode (Tribute Chest only) and 25-player mode (all bosses). Purchasable through with 1 drop).
- ____ of Triumph: item level 258 (25-player Heroic mode (Tribute Chest only)).
No matter which level of tier 9 is worn, all pieces count towards the same set bonuses, much like in earlier tiers of gear. Each faction has their own flavor of the items, they are functionally identical, but have different artwork and names.
|Slot||_ of Conquest||_ of Triumph|
Item level 258 pieces are "purchased" with armor tokens. Unlike previous raid gear tokens, these are not restricted by armor location.
|• • •||1 Regalia of the Grand Vanquisher|
|• •||1 Regalia of the Grand Protector|
|• •||1 Regalia of the Grand Conqueror|
At the Crusaders' Coliseum, the following vendors sell Tier 9 armor:
|232 (Conquest)||Aspirant Forudir||Aspirant Naradiel|
|245 (Triumph)||Valiant Laradia||Valiant Bressia|
|258 (Heroic)||Champion Isimode||Champion Faesrol|
You can also find Tier 9 armor sold in Dalaran by merchants who sell that particular armor type.
- This tier set has sometimes been noted as being boring to look at and generic, but these pieces are not supposed to look like relics; they are rewards from an organized tournament.
- In addition to having different appearances depending on faction, each set is named from an important lore figure of that faction:
- Death Knight sets are named after Thassarian and Koltira Deathweaver
- Druid sets are named after Malfurion Stormrage and Hamuul Runetotem
- Hunter sets are named after Alleria or Vereesa Windrunner and Sylvanas Windrunner
- Mage sets are named after Khadgar and Sunstrider Dynasty
- Paladin sets are named after Turalyon and Lady Liadrin
- Priest sets are named after Velen and Zabra Hexx
- Rogue sets are named after Edwin VanCleef and Garona Halforcen
- Shaman sets are named after Farseer Nobundo and Thrall
- Warlock sets are named after Kel'Thuzad and Gul'dan
- Warrior sets are named after the House of Wrynn and Grom or Garrosh Hellscream
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): These sets were introduced with the release of the Crusaders' Coliseum instances.