|Location||Fury, Tier 7|
Titan's Grip is the 30 point Fury talent that allows a warrior to wield a two-handed weapon in one hand. Dual-wielding is only allowed for Axes, Maces, Swords, (no polearms or staves).
Every Fury Warrior will want this skill. There is no longer a decision between a single 2H weapon, or dual 1H weapons. (And here's why!)
- The hit cap for a single weapon (any type) is 8%.
- The hit cap for dual-wielding (any type) is 27%.
- The hit cap for special attacks (regardless of what/how you are wielding) is 8%
At a -minimum-, you would want to achieve that 8% hit rating.
Compare the Deadly Gladiator's weapons in this (simplified) example:
- 2H weapon = 203.6 dps
- 1H weapon = 156.7 dps
- 8% increased chance to hit assumed
- 2H Single = 203.6 dps (100% damage, 0% chance to miss)
- 1H Dual = 206.2 dps (156.7 mh + 156.7*0.625 oh) * 0.81 (damage redution due to 19% misses)
- 2H Dual = 241.2 dps (203.6 mh + 203.6*0.625 oh) * 0.81 (damage reduction due to 19% misses) * .9 (damage reduction due to talent)
Additional Hit Rating above 9% would not increase the single weapon damage, but it would increase the dual-wield damage, which only furthers the gap between the two specs.
Compared with the only option pre-WotLK of DW 1H or a single 2H, the dps was about equal. In WotLK, the damage from Titan's Grip is unmatched. There is also the added benefit of enchanting both weapons with big 2H enchants, as well as more reliable rage generation, and more swing-proc events.
/ Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Penalty removed.
Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): 10% damage decrease
Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Penalty removed.
Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Changed to 5% penalty.
The hit penalty only applies to special attacks (normally 8% miss rate, while the white miss rate would still be 27%).
/ Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added