The language of the titans and giants is known as Titan. The written language is made up of glyphs (hieroglyphs) and runes, and is understood only by deduction. Scholars are trying to restore the language by matching the modern Dwarven tongue with rare evidence at excavations of Titan ruins. Linguists tear their hair out trying to parse the inhumanoid grammar and circular references of Titan.
Alliance players temporarily get the ability to understand and speak Titan during the quests  and  .
Some rogues on both factions are capable of speaking and understanding Titan, even cross-faction. When asked about it, GMs have confirmed that this is not a bug, but there is no other information on what causes it, or what it's for.
Here are a few common Titan phrases and words, for which the translations have been officially confirmed by Blizzard:
- Aesir = "Storm Giants"
- Gorribal = "Dark Seether"
- Gorshalach = "Dark Render"
- Kalimdor = "Land of eternal starlight",
- Taeshalach = "Flame Rend"
- Vanir = "Earth Giants"
Untranslated Titan words or phrases
- Aes = Storm
- Gor = Dark
- -ir = Giant (suffix)
- Ribal = Seether
- Shalach = Rend
- Tael = Flame
- Van = Earth
- Uld = City; according to Brann Bronzebeard, one of the reasons he believes Ulduar is a titan city is because its name starts with "Uld". However, this translation is not specifically confirmed.
- ^ Alliance Player's Guide, pg. 140
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 131
- ^ Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 99, 104
- ^ http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11296585191&sid=1
- ^ a b Tribunal of Ages
- ^ a b c Shadows & Light, pg. 112
- ^ The Old Gods and the Ordering of Azeroth, Dragon Hunt
- ^ Lands of Mystery, pg. 110