|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Ranged Weapon|
Tranquilizing Shot is a hunter ability learned at level 35. It removes one enrage and one magic effect from the target. To obtain this skill before the release of The Burning Crusade, you had to learn this skill from a drop by Lucifron, a boss mob in Molten Core. This is now automatically learned. As an example, this can be used on Magmadar to stop him when he goes on a killing spree (Enrage).
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Cooldown increased to 8 sec, up from 6. Mana cost reduced to 8%, down from 12%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20), and now dispels Enrage and Magic effects.
- Patch 2.4.1 (2008-04-01): Tranquilizing Shot no longer incorrectly restricts use of other Hunter abilities in specific situations.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): The tooltips for quick Hunter shots have been updated to show them as instant abilities.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Special ability shots no longer add the ranged weapon speed or take into account ranged weapon haste when determining the actual cooldown. The tooltip and cooldown timers should now properly reflect the actual cooldown. Tranquilizing Shot is now properly affected by Efficiency and Hawk Eye talents.