- Transmutation Master
- Instant cast
- Allows an Alchemist to sometimes get greater results when transmuting materials.
- Any alchemist will tell you that matter is malleable, any substance can be transformed into another - but nothing is really created or destroyed.
Transmutation Mastery is a specialization of Alchemy. It allows an alchemist to sometimes create an additional item when transmuting materials.
Obtaining the Transmutation Master specialization
In Mists of PandariaThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
In CataclysmThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Prior to Cataclysm
An alchemist who had specialized in one of the other two specializations could switch to this one by talking to the quest giver of their current mastery and pay a 150 fee. The character then had to talk to the quest giver of the mastery desired and instantly get the new mastery. This was possible only after the character had completed the quest to gain one or another of the Mastery abilities.
- Studying the benefit over time is difficult, given the cooldown on most transmutations. However, it appears to be about a 20% increase in the total number of items created.
- It has been reported to proc even on "Grey recipes", indicating that the difficulty level, and perhaps the item level, of the recipe has no influence on whether or not it occurs. This is significant for Transmute Mastery particularly in that those transmutes which no longer have a cooldown associated with them can still gain benefit from this ability.
- It is possible to obtain more than one extra item from any given transmutation with this specialty. One user reports once receiving five epic gems from a single transmutation. One confirmed yielded 5x .
- ^ 
- Gem transmutation