|This article or section is a User Interface stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
The Friends List pane also has three sub panes accessible from tabs at the top of the pane:
- Friends (the default)
The other panes accessible from the Friends List window:
Friends tab Edit
Most of the Friends pane consist of the list of Friends, each entry showing the following info:
The upper left has an availability status drop menu control. Above the list are 3 subtabs (Friends, Ignore, and Pending) with the Friends subtab selected by default.
The upper right has two buttons (no text; these buttons appear with any subtab selected):
At the bottom, the pane has two buttons:
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Availability status Edit
Scroll of Resurrection Edit
Add Friend Edit
This button brings up a box where you can type in a player's name or email address to add them to your friends list.
If you choose to enter an email address, your partner gets a notification and has to choose whether he wants to add you as a Real ID friend or not.
Remove Friend Edit
This button removes the selected player's name from your friends list.
Send Message Edit
If the selected friend is online, this button sends a private tell to them. You type your private message in a chat box that appears at the bottom of the screen.
Ignore subtab Edit
Ignore is an option to no longer recieve chat messages or requests from another player. The ignore list can be edited via a sub pane of the Friends List window. At the bottom, the pane has 2 buttons:
- Ignore Player
- Remove Player
Ignore Player Edit
This button brings up a box where you can type in the player's name you want to ignore or you can shift-click the person's name from the chat window to add it to the box. Clicking the Accept button will add the name to your ignore list. Clicking the Cancel button will close the box without changing your ignore list. You can ignore up to 50 players.
Remove Player Edit
This button removes the selected player's name from your ignore list. Eqivalent of unignore, but applies only to selected names in ignore list.
If a character no longer exists (usually gold spammer characters), the character's name will automatically be removed from their ignore list.
Pending subtab Edit
This pane shows a list of pending friend invites.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.0.4 (28 August 2012):
- Friends List window changed so broadcast now moves to a window invoked by a button on upper right.
- Scroll of Resurrection button added just below the broadcast button.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010):
- The Socials button from the Micro menu has been moved to chat window.
- The guild tab was removed and made a separate window accessible from a button in Micro menu.
- Patch 3.3.5 (2010-06-22):
- A new icon has been added to the top left of the Chat Frame which will open up the Friends list.
- In addition to its current functionality, the Friends List will now allow players to add Battle.net accounts (Real ID). Players will have to confirm that they are friends in order for a Real ID to be added. Once Real ID friends, players can communicate cross-game, cross-faction and cross-realm.
- A new Pending tab has been added where players can accept or decline a Real ID friend request, or select the Report Spam or Block Communications buttons.
- Players can now select from three statuses which will be visible to their friends: Available, Away and Busy.
- A Broadcast window has been added to the top of the frame. Players can use this to broadcast a message to all of their Real ID friends online. This message will also be displayed under the broadcaster's Real ID information in each friend's list.