|Underbog loading graphic|
|Location||Coilfang Reservoir, Zangarmarsh|
|End boss||The Black Stalker|
|The Slave Pens (5)|
|The Underbog (5)|
|The Steamvault (5)|
|Serpentshrine Cavern (25)|
Underbog is the 2nd 5-man wing within the Coilfang Reservoir. It is found on the east side.
The Underbog is home to the last vestiges of natural life left within Coilfang Reservoir that has not been completely stamped out by the Naga incursion. The only Naga presence in this section defends the structure they built to house their hydra god, Ghaz'an. The rest of the Underbog is a natural habitat, home to the most powerful species of animal life in Zangarmarsh.
It will give Cenarion Expedition Reputation through Friendly, and through Exalted on Heroic. A Heroic clear will net approximately 2600 rep.
- Frogs (critters)
- Fungal giants
- Fungal monsters
- Hydra (one, Ghaz'an)
- Larvae (critters)
- Nether rays
- Night elf (one, Earthbinder Rayge)
- Snakes (critters)
- Spore walkers
- Tauren (one, Windcaller Claw)
In order of appearance:
- Hungarfen is an oversized bog giant with two bog giant guards. When pulling these guards, be careful as they pull together. Once his two guards are cleared and Hungarfen is engaged, underbog mushrooms sprout in numerous, random locations on his platform and explode after a few seconds for stacking area effect nature damage over time. At approximately 15% to 20% health, Hungarfen shields himself with a wall of roots, causing all melee attacks to heal Hungarfen for about 5% of his maximum health each.
- Ghaz'an spits acid in his forward arc for substantial area of effect damage. His tail lashes out and care should be taken to avoid being kicked off of the platform. There are uprights on the platform that you should stand in front of to avoid being thrown back, that will also give you access to target his flanks.
- Swamplord Musel'ek
- Musel'ek is a hunter with standard hunter abilities such as aimed shot and multishot. He also has an area effect freeze trap. His pet, Claw, has a shout that reduces the party's armor by 75%, and a charge that interrupts casting and immobilizes for 4 seconds.
- The Black Stalker
- The Black Stalker's more dangerous attacks include a static charge that does 750 nature damage per second for 10 seconds, chain lightning, and a levitation, which may put the target out of range and causes the target to take normal falling damage when released. In heroic mode, she also spawns spore striders.
See the individual boss pages for more detailed information and strategies.
|Underbat||Elite version of the common Sporebats found in Zangarmarsh. Have an AoE knockdown ability. Typically come in groups of 3-4 or with Underbog Shamblers.||Non-Heroic – Can be sheeped or frozen.|
|Underbog Shambler / Underbog Frenzy / Underbog Lurker|| Nature elementals that can:
|Bog Giant||Powerful giants with extremely damaging melee attacks. Can be picked with herbalism once killed. The two-pull before Hungarfen is difficult because of healing aggro. Use special aggro management (Misdirection on second target, split healing with an off-healer, drop Tranquil Air Totem for casters). Kiting one is possible but suffers from additional growths.|| Non-Heroic – Immune to all forms of crowd control.
Heroic – Immune to all forms of crowd control.
|Fen Ray||Elite version of Marshfangs found in Zangarmarsh. Casts Psychic Horror, horrifies the target for 2 secs. Psychic Horror is targeted, not AoE, and is used only on the 2nd person on the aggro list. Horror effect cannot be countered by Fear Ward or Tremor Totems. Of particular interest to hunters, as they are the only nether ray with normal stats. They automatically unstealth players by mere proximity, making stealth useless against any group that includes them. Hunter's Snake Trap useful for these guys, especially on heroic, as the mobs will often cast their fear on the snakes instead of members of the party.|| Non-Heroic – Can be sheeped or hibernated.
Heroic – Can only be stunned or mass tanked, immune to all other crowd control.
|Lykul Stinger / Lykul Wasp||Bee-type mobs which inflict a poison which deals minor nature damage. However, targets which are inflicted with poison from both a Wasp and Stinger take sharply increased damage. Wasps should be killed first in a mixed mob group due to their relative weakness and poisons. Poison can be spellreflected and dispelled. Wasps hit weakly in heroic, but constantly spam poison spit. Stingers melee.|| Non-Heroic – Immune to sheep, but can be frost nova'd or frozen.
Heroic – Can be frozen.
|Wrathfin Naga||Humanoid mobs which inflict a bleed that deals significant melee damage and cannot be dispelled.||Non-Heroic – Can be sapped, sheeped, frozen, and seduced.|
|Murkblood Lost Ones||Humanoid mobs Spearmen (flings spears and cast Viper Sting), Tribesmen, Oracles (casts Fireball) and Healers (casts Holy Light, Heal and Prayer of Healing). Come in groups together. Healers will cast Prayer of Healing if left alone which will completely heal all nearby Murkbloods and Wrathfins and so should be killed first or crowd-controlled until last. The heal is interruptible.|| Non-Heroic –
|Underbog Lord|| Even more powerful Bog Giants, found before the final boss. Must be dropped quickly as they grow in size and power over time. Very large aggro radius. They have a kickback ability which hits for 6k on plate, so the MT must stand with his back against a wall. Build threat as fast as possible, healing threat is an issue here.
Heroic – Consider using all abilities that will reduce damage done such as Thunderclap, demoralizing shout, or curse of weakness.
Non-Heroic – Immune to CC.
Heroic – Immune to CC.
|Quest Name||Quest Giver||Subzone|
(may be incomplete)
See Underbog loot.
|All Heroic Underbog Bosses Speed Run Level 85|
|All Heroic Underbog Bosses All Heroic Boss Fights|