Most mounts can be categorized by the type of creature or device you are riding. While these mounts can also be categorized that way, there are only one or two examples of that type of mount. This, then, is a page to describe all the oddball or unique mounts available.
Unique trading card mounts Edit
These mounts are all gained by using a code from specific cards from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game.
Unique event mounts Edit
These mounts are available during the Hallow's End seasonal event. Neither can be added to your collection of mounts, and both types of mount disappear at the end of the event.
This mount is available during the Love is in the Air seasonal event. It scales to your riding skill and where it's used.
Unique mounts found as loot Edit
These mounts are found as loot:
- Ashes of Al'ar drop from Kael'thas Sunstrider in the Eye.
- Invincible's Reins drop from the Lich King in Icecrown Citadel on 25-man heroic mode.
- Mimiron's Head drops from Yogg-Saron in the 25-man version of Ulduar on hard mode.
- Reins of the Raven Lord drop from in heroic Sethekk Halls.
- Sea Turtle is rarely fished up from Northrend fishing pools.
The Recruit-A-Friend program rewards players with this mount. This mount was also the only flying passenger mount when it was first released (now also allows a passenger). Since Patch 4.0.1, it can also be used as a (mulitpassenger!) land mount.
As of Patch 5.0.# with the release of Account Wide Mounts, Recruit-A-Friend mounts WILL NOT be Account bound, despite being Account bound in the Beta and Patch 5.0.4 PTR this is a bug and they will not be Account Bound.
Blizzard Store mounts Edit
The is only available from the Blizzard Store.
Unobtainable unique mounts Edit
- is a copy of A'lar and is available to GMs. This mount has never been available in-game.
- ^ Vrakthris 2012-07-16. #3 - Is the new RAF mount Account Wide?. Official Support > Customer Support forum (US). No, the rewards from the Recruit a Friend promotion are specific to the character that receives it. We have received word that the current plan is that these mounts will remain specific to a character and not be made account wide.