Runesmith is a brand new profession, that could appear in some patch or expansion launched by Blizzard, which involves crafting weapons, armor but mainly Runes from ores, stones, gems and essences. Runes are items that are similar to Scrolls, as they both give buffs, but with far more variety.
When Dwarven Archaelogists started translating the ancient Titan Language, found in runes in various sites, like Uldaman, they found out that anyone knowing that language could "write" it on stone tablets. Those runes, fueled by samples of many kinds of energy, like Arcane, Fiery or Nether, gives powers to those who wield it on their equipement or those who simply reads the runes, gaining temporary buffs.
When the first Runesmiths were born, they were primarily Dwarves, with only a few Humans in their ranks. But ultimatly, all Alliance and Horde races started learning the Primal Language, and soon, Runesmith Teachers appered in almost every important city of Azeroth and Outland.
The mystic language written in the tablet is carved with ore bars, as only a metal cannot be broke with the powerful energies of the rune.
Essences are the power source that fuels the rune's magic energies. They are a brand new resource only harvested by Runesmiths. Much like disenchant, rare-quality or above items can be destroyed to obtain essences. But the main source are the mobs killed by every player. When a Runesmith ability called Acquire Essence is used on an enemy's fallen corpse, the Runesmith can loot essences.
For a Runesmith to carve an Draconic Dark Iron Rune, he needs the following ingredients:
- 1 Black Dragon Tablet
- 10 Dark Iron Bar
- 10 Essences of Black Dragons
- 1 Blood of the Mountain
- 1 Heart of Fire
Black Dragon Tablet: it is created with 1 Dense Tablet and 10 Black Dragonscales skinned by a Skinner
Dark Iron Bar: created from 8 Dark iron Ore by a Miner
Essence of Black Dragon: Runesmiths acquire them from dead Black Dragons using Acquire Essences Ability
Blood of the Mountain: mined from Dark Iron Deposits
Items Created by RunesmithsEdit
- Weapons: Wands, Staves and others can be created by Runesmiths
- Jewels: Neck, Finger and Trinket Items can be carved
- Armor: Few but powerful Mail/Plate Armor Items will be available
- Runes: Just like Scrolls, they give temporarily buffs to any player that has a rune.
- Runeattachers: Attaching these things to a piece of equipement will make any rune draged into the item have an eternal duration, much like a socket. However, no other rune or enchant can be placed in that item.