- The one, the only, the 19 twink rogue. Feared by 19s everywhere, these assassin's use their high stamina and agility to avoid death while taking down there opponent with stabs and slices from their daggers, swords, and maces. Never underestimate this wrecking ball, my rogue twink has over 50% dodge rating, and well over 1000 health.
UPDATE: 9/14/09 SOOOO I kinda swept this under the rug for a while (and I am sorry), I have made some changes to the content due to OBNOXIOUS changes in the patches since original post. My twink no longer has 50% dodge and over 1000 health (due to these OBNOXIOUS changes), he now has about 45% dodge and ~900 health unbuffed.
- Race isn't a large factor when it comes to twinking, but remember, every point counts!
- Perception - Good against other Rogues, especially if you want the first hit.
- Sword and Mace Specialization - Gives 5 Expertise to Swords and Maces, both of which are good for rogues.
- Every Man for Himself - OMG! This is amazing. period. Its like getting the trinket without getting it. So worth it. (I would but I don't like humans).
- Not a particularly high stamina, agility base stat.
- Stoneform - Useful to pull out in a hard fight. Not amazing.
- Mace Specialization - yeah okay not that great. Definitely not a deciding factor.
- Highest stamina stat for Rogues on the Alliance.
- Lowest agility stat for Rogues on the Alliance
- Small stature makes harder to notice in stealth.
- Escape Artist - very useful for flag running and against hunters, I use it allll the time.
- Engineering Specialist - 15 extra points in Engineering, seeing as most twinks are engineers, it definitely can't hurt. You can use Explosive Sheep, which is one step up. Practically not that important, but fun!
- Smallest race makes stealth considerably hard to spot.
- Night Elf
- Shadowmeld - SO this is now a vanish-esque thing. I have not used it but I image it would be useful if you need to get away from a fight that isn't going so well.
- Quickness - no longer adds 1% dodge, now makes it 2% harder to hit you (they miss). I suppose thats good... I liked dodge D: (But its true every point does count).
- Highest agility base stat for Rogues.
- Blood Fury - good ability to use in a big fight or desperate flag runner killings.
- Hardiness - increases resistance to stuns by 15%. Stuns suck, always.
- Command - so this is new and useless! yay! (Alliance FTW)!
- Not common, you stand out!
- Will of the Forsaken - Now removes fear, sleep, charm. So fear sucks, which makes this pretty damn good, not as good as human version though.
- Cannibalize - Doesn't have much practical PvP use, but is a good way to finish a hard fight.
- Berserking - useful surprise in any fight.
- Da Voodoo Shuffle - I just noticed this, 15% less time on movement impairing effects. Thats good, but it has a stupid name.
- Regeneration - allows health regeneration in combat. I am not sure how practical it is, but it sounds nice.
- High agility base stat
- Blood Elf
- Arcane Torrent - Useful against casters and NOW affects energy as well as mana! Yay for Belfs!
- High agility base stat
- There are a few things you must decide on before you get started. You can have several extra gear so you can avoid deciding if your like that, but thats pretty hard.
- Stamina, or Agility?
- If you ask me, choose one, and go with it. Agility stacked rogues have very high dodge and critical strike chance, but seeing as you can't dodge an arrow, they aren't the best hunter killers. Stamina rogues on the other hand, can stay alive longer, and hold their own against hunters, but not as offense.
- Swords, Daggers, and Maces. Oh, my!
- It is easier to get multiple weapons then whole sets, but seeing as enchants on weapons are expensive it makes life easier if you choose. Many twinks prefer swords because they are better for Sinister Strike, but you also give up Backstab and Ambush. Swords are better for multi-targets. Daggers are faster, and allow those previously mentioned abilities. They are better against a single target. Maces are slow, but do the most damage. There also isn't a large selection of maces for 19 rogues.
- Mix and match the 3 until you find your best fit.
The Heart of a Twink, his GearEdit
- By far the best pants for a 19 twink, regardless of the lack of enchants.
- SO about this. You used to be able to put sweet enchants on this, but now you can't. Doesn't that suck. So these pants are still okay, but now they're not as great D:
- Other Ring
- Other Trinket
- Weapon Enchants
- A few more things:
- Potions (buy in bulk)
- Dynamite, Bombs, Explosive Sheep and such help in sticky situations.
- First Aid
- Max it out, good fast recovery, and even if you get interrupted, you could get a good 250-500 health restored.
UPDATES as of 9/14/09Edit
- Things to consider that are new and I haven't talked about yet.
- You can go stop your exp gain! Which makes it easier to twink! I don't like it, makes it too easy, but I kind of know what I'm doing. Make sure you do this or you will gain PvP exp!
- These items are no longer usable! (thank you who ever changed this on here before)
- Wow, that took a long time. I really hope I could help.
- Also, check this video out to see some sweet twinking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sLZJ0oprrs (PST... that's me in the video!)
Happy Hunting ~GRUDGE