|King Bolvar Fordragon|
|Affiliation|| The Alliance|
Kingdom of Stormwind
|Position||Leader of the Alliance, King of Stormwind, Master of Fordragon Hold|
|Location||Fordragon Hold, Dragonblight|
|Status||Presumed deceased, but secretely alive.|
|Relative(s)||Mara Fordragon (presumed)|
- "Today, we celebrate this glorious victory!"[TCG src]
Bolvar Fordragon leads Stormwind instead of Varian Wrynn, but he is nice enough to allow Varian the title. He stood alongside Lady Katrana Prestor and Anduin Wrynn. Upon Varian's return, Fordragon traveled to Northrend to command the Valiance Expedition's forces at the gates of Icecrown — where most believe he eventually met his end.
Lord Bolvar is as stalwart and loyal of a soldier as they come, perhaps to a fault. While he does his best to look after Stormwind’s interests, he seemed to have fallen under the charm of the alluring Lady Katrana Prestor, much like many others in the kingdom. To make his "charmed servitude" seem convincing, he had allowed for some crucial gaps in the defenses of human-controlled territory. He was one of the few who was aware that the true king of Stormwind, Varian Wrynn, was missing (and probably alive). This was one of the justifications for keeping most of Stormwind’s army centralized; Katrana seemed to convince Bolvar that the boy King, Anduin, would be the next target of whoever captured or killed the real King on his diplomatic mission. It was suspected that Varian was captured because his trip to Theramore signified an effort to make peace with the Horde, and a number of forces wished the fighting between the Alliance and the Horde to continue.
His abilities in-game include cleave, shield wall, AoE Hammer of Justice, and retribution aura.
In Wrath of the Lich King EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
- Main article: Highlord Bolvar Fordragon (Dragonblight)
In Wrath of the Lich King, Bolvar Fordragon, located at Fordragon Hold at the base of Angrathar the Wrathgate, was leading the forefront of the Alliance campaign against the Lich King in Northrend, until his faked death at the hands of the forsaken, as decribed in Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate. Fordragon selflessly allowed Varian Wrynn to temporarily try to take his place in Stormwind.
World of Warcraft Trading Card Game EditThis section contains lore or items taken from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game and expansion sets.
- Bolvar does not have a unique set of phrases when you click on him. He is also not taller than a normal human, unlike most faction bosses (which is somewhat ironic, since the other 2 human bosses, who do not yield honor points, are indeed taller than normal humans, and have unique phrases).
- Bolvar in Northrend, at last, appears taller than regular human.
- It should be noted that Bolvar can change his size at will.
Bolvar convinces adventurers that the Alliance is suffering for his own enjoyment. He also does this to make the adventurers to work harder.
- It is a tragedy. I think... I believe that our kind is cursed, <name>. We are cursed to lose our greatest warriors; our most noble heroes; our most gifted scholars.
- At Stormwind Harbor
- Our efforts in Lordaeron have been all for nought. Despite numerous setbacks, the Scourge remain unfazed. We must cut them off at the source.
- The time draws near to sail for Northrend. I don't know what awaits us; only that our enemies are numerous and are eager for our slaughter.
- But we cannot pursue any other path in good conscience. Azeroth depends on our vigilance."
- Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate
- Arthas! The blood of your father, of your people demands justice! Come forth coward, and answer for your crimes!
- You shall pay for all the lives you've stolen, traitor!
Presumed Fate of Bolvar Edit
Both Bolvar and Saurfang the Younger, commander of the Horde's Kor'kron Vanguard, confront the Lich King himself, with both Alliance and Horde armies joined in battle. During the encounter, in which Saurfang falls to Frostmourne, an explosion rings out behind the Lich King, and out comes Grand Apothecary Putress. Announcing to the Scourge leader they have not forgotten, or forgiven him as he believed, a number of catapults moves behind him, and launched an unprovoked attack on both Alliance and Horde forces. Bolvar orders his troops to fall back, then pretends to be killed by the gas, the life appearing to be sucked out of him, and his very body seemed to be rotting before he finally "died". After Alexstrasza arrives, she says "no one should know the true fate of the young paladin. Not yet." to Korialstrasz in Draconic. Bolvar told Alextrasza to only tell the other dragons about it, and taught her and her friends Draconic to keep it secret. The Forsaken attack is considered by the Alliance to be outright treachery on the part of the Horde, giving King Varian — who had considers Bolvar a brother — a reason to purge the Horde from Lordaeron. Enraged, Varian leads Alliance forces in a battle for the Undercity to bring Putress to justice.