This is one of laurlybots modules. Used add or update quests in wiki.
Quest bot Edit
I plan on using something called pat template to make life easer to change the page template. This might be added on a wiki page so admins can change it but if they break the pat template code they bought it.
Phase 1 Edit
- Bot loads from [[:Category:Laurlybot:Quest requests]]
- Bot finds Quest id and page name. from page loaded.
- Page name is the unique name for the quest on wowwiki. It is the page that the bot will be putting the quest on. this is not necessarily the name of the quest.
- Bot will open the page in wowhead. Using the quest id given
- Bot will then pars the data from wowhead into a template for wowwiki. User:Laurlybot/quest_bot/template
- If there is a quest chain the bot only has the name of the quest and the id of this quest. There for the bot is missing some vital info to be able to generate the quest chain. The bot will tag the quest chain section with [[User:Laurlybot/Chainnotice]] so that a human can come and fix the info.
- Bot will then post the page to wowwiki using the page name submited.
- Missing data: (could be solved in phase 2 with a lot of extra loading)
- Faction and level for quests in a quest chain.
- Categories for the quest itself.
Phase 2 Edit
- allow for quest submits vi IRC
- Load quests in the quest chain to find the faction and level of each quest.
- Load start npc so that we can put a categories as to where this quest is.
- Consider trying to come up with a way to create a unique quest name (huge issues with this)
Change log Edit
- Fixed a bug where the word experience was getting included as well in questbox.
- Fixed all the returns in the questbox section Laurly 09:31, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
- Fixed a bug where html special chars where coming with the text riped. Laurly 10:41, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
- fixed a bug with \' in quest name in questbox. Laurly 11:22, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
- Made a change to allow for quests with the same name on the same step. ex Quest:The_Lunar_Festival_(Undercity) Laurly 14:35, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
- fixed a bug with spacing in rewards. Laurly 14:35, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
Known issues Edit
- Loot box displaying if there is only one item.
- Bot unable to set categories.
- Quest chains:
- Bot doesn't know the level and faction of other quests in the quest chain.
- Bot is unable to guess the correct distinct name of none unique quest names in a quest chain.
Temp fix for all of the above until i have time to figure out how to fix these issues is to have a human edit them correctly. Laurly 14:35, 22 March 2008 (UTC)