The Ebon council is a council encounter with the three trainers in Ebon Hold. Each of the council has one passive ability, one aoe with a cast time, and one instant cast strike in phase 1, and an effect lasting 30 seconds that increases drastically the difficulty of the encounter in phase 2. They alternate (all at the same time) between phase 1 and 2 throughout the fight. The council will enrage at 5 minutes, wiping the raid.
Phase 1 abilitiesEdit
- Passive- Wandering Plague- When your diseases damage an enemy, there is a 20% chance that they will cause 300% additional damage to the target and all enemies within 8 yards and spreads all diseases from the target to other enemies hit.
- Strike- Scourge Strike- An unholy strike that deals high physical damage. In addition, for each of your diseases on your target, you deal an additional 100% of the Physical damage done as Shadow damage.
- AoE- Death and Decay- Corrupts the ground targeted by the death knight, causing Shadow damage every sec to targets that remain in the area for 10 sec. 2 sec. uninterruptible cast.
- Passive- Icy Talons- Increases attack speed by 20%. Refreshes when Amal'Thazad lands a succesful melee blow. Lasts 20 sec.
- Strike- Frost Strike- Instantly strike the enemy, causing Frost damage.
- AoE- Howling Blast- Blasts the target with a frigid win dealing frost damage to all enemies within 10 yards of the target. 2 sec. uninterruptible cast.
- Passive- Blood presence- Healed for 4% of damage dealt.
- Strike- Death Strike- A deadly attack that deals damage heals Thorval for an amount based on the damage done and the number of <his/her> diseases on the target.
- AoE- Blood boil- Boils the blood of all enemies within 10 yards, dealing Shadow damage. 2 sec. uninterruptible cast.
Phase 2 abilitiesEdit
All abilities from phase 1 remain. At the beginning of phase 2, they cast:
- Hysteria- Thorval becomes Enraged, which increases his physical damage by 20%.
- Hungering Cold- Purges the earth around the Death Knight of all heat. Enemies within 30 yards are trapped in ice, preventing them from performing any action for 30 sec. Damage other than diseases has a chance to break the ice.
- Summon Gargoyle- A Gargoyle flies into the area and bombards enemies with Nature damage. Persists for 30 sec.
The strategy for this fight is simple. Amal'Thazad is the most simple target for melees to attack, though Thorval also works. Alistra is not to be meleed except by the tank because of wandering plague.
When you see the AoE cast bar, spread out, then after the AoE has been cast, go back to your regular positions. Blow cooldowns on Phase 2. That is pretty much all the strategy needed for the fight.