|Character classes||Druid, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warrior, Monk, Demon hunter|
|Racial leader||Salinda Vilehoof|
The Fauns are one of the new playable races in World of Warcraft: Deceiver.
Ten thousand years ago after the War of the Ancients, armies of Satyrs, led by Xalan the Feared, led an attack on Ashenvale against the Night elves of Kalimdor. The Satyrs were helped by the demons that had somehow lingered on Azeroth after the defeat of the Burning Legion. The Night elves, led by Jarod Shadowsong, fought against the Satyrs and Demons that were destroying their civilization. In their success, Jarod and his forces were able to kill many demons, forcing all the Satyrs to retreat.
After the War of the Satyr ended, the Satyrs tried to call Xavius for help and guidance to defeat the Night elves once more. Xavius was only able to contact many of his followers and turn them for his plans ten thousand years later. But for many others, they received no answer. They were abandoned! Where would they go and what would they do? The questions burdened their minds as they lingered on Azeroth. Strangely, when Illidan Stormrage's spell sent all the demons back through the portal, many Satyrs remained. The question is... why?
Answers were given to the Satyrs by the Naaru, who revealed themselves to be the ones from stopping them from leaving. The Satyrs were still under the corruption, but the Naaru's power changed them. Their physical forms changed slightly when they followed the Naaru across worlds. They lose their fur to regain their original skin when they were once Night elves. Their claws dull out into regular fingers and their horns take on an increasing curve. Their resemblance to a Satyr stops here, now having a wider face with glowing eyes that always radiate with the light. After their transformation, the Satyrs rename themselves the Fauns. No longer corrupted by the Burning Legion, the Fauns were free and they begin a new journey to find a new destiny for themselves.
Ten thousand years passed, the Fauns eventually traveled to Argus, homeworld of the Eredar. The Fauns were willing to find a land to settle and grow here while other events took place on the planet. They were able to find a new land and named it Feyland. Together with the Naaru, the Fauns remade the land and build a capital city named User:Spenpiano/Xalinar|Xalinar]], a memory of Xalan the Feared which some Fauns remember during their time as Satyrs. Led by Salinda Vilehoof, the Naaru told the Fauns, "We must prepare for the Light's retribution on Argus and Xoroth".
When the Alliance and Horde entered the planet, the Fauns were visited by the Night elves, Dwarves, Worgen, and Draenei. Seeing that they were no longer corrupted, the Alliance races assist the Fauns in creating a few portals to connect from their land to Azuremyst Isle, Dun Morogh, Gilneas, and Teldrassil.
|Shadowmeld - instant - 2 min cooldown|
|Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. (Stealth)|
|Elusiveness - passive (rogue/druid only)|
|Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while shadowmelded or stealthed.|
|Quickness - passive|
|Reduces the chance that melee and ranged attackers will hit you by 2%.|
|Wisp Spirit - passive|
|Transform into a wisp upon death, increasing speed by 100%|
|Nature Resistance - passive|
|Reduces the chance you will be hit by Nature spells by 2%.|
Like the Night elves, Fauns have a long tradition of druids, hunters, mages, priestesses, rogues, and warriors. They are openly acknowledged after they once served the Burning Legion and now find a way to redeem their nature and reclaim the forbidden powers pursued by the Highborne in order to learn the old ways. After joining the Alliance, Fauns were interested in learning the ways of Tushui from the Pandaren.
Reasons for ClassesEdit
- Druid - During the aftermath from the War of the Satyr, the Fauns were able to follow the druidic ways again from the Night elves and their ancestors.
- Hunter - Freed from the corruption, the Fauns enjoyed the wildlife that was been restored during their war against the Burning Legion. There, they become friends to animals and become Hunters to attack their enemies by short or far distance.
- Mage - Thousands of years ago, when the Satyrs were turned into Fauns after been freed from the corruption, many tried remember the old ways with the unpredictable and dangerous heights of Arcane magic. They now seek to repair the relationship with the Night elves and relearn their magical prowess and Reforging to both the kal'dorei and the Alliance.
- Monk - Fauns were interested in the martial arts when a group of Alliance Pandaren arrived to their land. There, they would become monks and learn how to use kung-fu against their enemies.
- Priest - For countless years, many Fauns remembered the ways in practicing the arts of the Priest as the Priestesses of Elune.
- Rogue - Like their Night elf brethren, many Fauns favor the path of the Rogue, in which they serve as excellent scouts, delving deeper into enemy lines then any other race could ever hope to achieve.
- Warrior - For thousands of years when the Fauns remained hidden from the Burning Legion, many trained themselves to be strong elite guards and soldiers against their enemies.