|World of Warcraft: Emerald Dream|
|Platforms||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
World of Warcraft: Emerald Dream is the sixth World of Warcraft expansion and will be announced on 2016. The majority of the expansion content takes place in the Emerald Dream and centers around the plans of The Nightmare Lord.
Content highlights include the increase of the level cap from 95 to 100, the introduction of the second Hero class Druid of the Nightmare, and new PvP/World PvP content. New additional playable races have been added: Half elves for the Alliance, Half-ogres for the Horde, and Half-orcs that will be available for both factions. New NPC races will be featured in Azeroth and the Emerald Dream.
Opt-ins for the public beta will begin on early 2016.
From the official site:
After the Alliance and Horde battled against N'Zoth, both factions must face another evil that lures in the Emerald Dream. Xavius, the Lord of the Nightmare, has emerged from Nyala Citadel to claim the world of Azeroth as his own. Heroes of the Alliance and Horde gather in the Emerald Dream to make a stand against the malevolent being that dares to declare himself the ruler of Azeroth and the Dream of Creation.
Major expansion changes and updatesEdit
- Player level cap increased to 100.
- Six new high-level zones: Cenarion Forest, Direland Canyon, Emerald Paradise, Verdant Fields, Emerald Forest, and Ny'alotha.
- Four new PVP zones:
- Three new playable races: the Half-elves of Highborne Isle for the Alliance, the Half-ogres of Mok'na Isle for the Horde, and Half-orcs will be available to both factions. New leveling zones added for these three races include Port Isle, Vermine Isle, and Savar Isle.
- Six new high-level dungeons and three new raid instances, all available in regular and heroic modes (with raids in both 15 - 30 player varieties), as well as four heroic 5 - 10 man revamps of classic dungeons and former raids.
- New race/class combinations will be available to all players.
- Level cap raised on all main and secondary professions to 975, with many new items, patterns and rewards.
- Main article: Half-elf
- Highborne Isle is the new starting zone.
- Main article: Half-ogre
- Mok'na Isle is the new starting zone.
- Main article: Half-orc
The expansion will introduce a new playable Half-orc race that will be available to both factions.
- The Amagon Isles starting zone.
- Half-orc characters will start out Neutral and choose either Alliance or Horde at level 10.
Druid of the NightmareEdit
- Main article: Druid of the Nightmare
World of Warcraft's second hero class, the Druid of the Nightmare is accessible to players after having a character reach level 55. Once unlocked, the Druid of the Nightmare, starting at level 55, will then complete a series of quests in the Emerald Nightmare to defeat the Druids of the Fang. The story will explain their defection and background.
Players will discover the Emerald Dream with a rich new source of creatures, environments, and lore. New starting, leveling, and high-leveled zones will be available in the expansion.
- A mobile starting zone for the new Half-elf race.
- A mobile starting zone for the new Half-ogre race.
- A mobile starting zone for the new Half-orc race.
- A mobile starting zone for the Druid of the Nightmare.
- Six new level-up zones (all will be much larger then Twilight Highlands and Pandaria).
- Cenarion Forest - Southwestern and beginning zone. Level 95 - 96.
- Direland Canyon - Southeastern and beginning zone. Level 95 - 96.
- Emerald Paradise - Sourthern zone. Level 96 - 97.
- Verdant Fields - Eastern zone. Level 97 - 98.
- Emerald Forest - Western zone. Level 98 - 99.
- Ny'alotha - Central zone. Level 99 - 100.
- Three Sanctuary cities available in Cenarion Forest, Direland Canyon, and Emerald Forest.
Dungeons and raidsEdit
Emerald Dream will ship three end-game raid dungeons, this time with both 15 and 30-man settings. Once the final boss of each has been defeated, players can set each boss to heroic mode. There will be no PvP-unlocked raid dungeons in the expansion.
Among the many figures confirmed to have major roles in the story of Emerald Dream are:
- Xavius, known as the Nightmare Lord is the main antagonist of the expansion.
- Liam Greymane was brought back by Xavius and was chosen to become of the one leaders of the Druids of the Nightmare. After breaking his control over the Nightmare lord, he reunites with his family in Gilneas and rejoins the Alliance.
- Garrosh Hellscream was brought back by the Nightmare lord and was chosen to become of the one leaders of the Druids of the Nightmare. After breaking his control over the Nightmare lord, he rejoins the Horde and swore to undo the damage that he caused.
- Malfurion Stormrage becomes the main antagonist of the expansion. He will lead many heroes and druids to the Emerald Dream to battle the Dark'Aln Cult and put an end to Xavius' plan. He will play a major role in questing and end-game content.
- Bodi Blackaxe
- Dargal Blackaxe
- Galmak Blackaxe
- Gauna Blackaxe
- Heiros Fierceblade
- Imarelle Fierceblade
- Rogar Fierceblade
- Seera Fierceblade
- Mendell Goldleaf
- Illin Stormdancer
- Adelle Sunbow
- Barrim Sunbow
- Meerith Sunbow
- Zorias Sunbow
- Gaimus Swiftwright
- Shereen Swiftwright
Factions and organizationsEdit
Various organizations, factions and new races are highlighted in the expansion. In this expansion, new playable races have been implemented.
- Alliance Nightmare Druids - a faction of Druids of the Nightmare that broke away from their control and join forces with the Alliance, the Sentinels, and the Silver Covenant. They will play a major role in the game, inviting Alliance players to aid them in their conquest inside the Emerald Dream.
- Fiercebladers - a faction of Half-orcs that join forces with the Alliance.
- Silver Covenant - a faction of High elves that will play a major part in the expansion. Inside the Emerald Dream, the Silver Covenant build a major keep in Emerald Paradise where they prepare to battle the enemies from the Dark'Aln Cult.
- Horde Nightmare Druids - a faction of Druids of the Nightmare that broke away from their control and join forces with the Horde. They will play a major role in the game, inviting Horde players to aid them in their conquest inside the Emerald Dream.
- Blackaxers - a faction of Half-orcs that join forces with the Horde.
- Sunreavers - a faction of blood elves that will play a major part in the expansion. Inside the Emerald Dream, the Sunreavers build a major keep in Emerald Paradise where they prepare to battle the enemies from the Dark'Aln Cult.
- Kirin Tor - a faction of wizards from Dalaran.
- Dark'Aln Cult - a faction of dark enemies that serve as followers to The Nightmare Lord inside the Emerald Dream. They will play a major role in the expansion where they plan to enter Azeroth and battle the Alliance and Horde for control.
- Hope Crusaders - a faction of Hope that will play a major part in the expansion. Insidet the Emerald Dream, they will ally Heroes of the Alliance and Horde in battling the enemies from the Dark'Aln Cult in the Emerald Forest.