|World of Warcraft: Mystery of the Dark God|
|Platforms||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
Major expansion and changes
- Player level cap increased to 95.
- Three new high-level zones:
- Four new player races: Forest troll, Furbolg, High elf, and Ogre.
- Another dramatic alteration of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.
- Level cap raised on all main and secondary professions to 1550, with many new items, patterns and rewards.
- All races are expecting to have all classes.
- Worgen and Goblins will have Monk classes.
- Pandaren players will have access in becoming Death Knights.
- Barrow Forest: 1-12 starting zone for the Furbolgs.
- Northeron: 1-12 starting zone for the High elves.
- Bladescar Highlands: 1-12 starting zone for the Ogres.
- Maisara Hills: 1-12 starting zone for the Forest trolls.
- Hiji: 5-10 leveling zone for all playable Horde races.
- Agamand Isles: 10-20 leveling zone for all playable Horde races.
- Plunder Isle: 10-15 leveling zone for all playable races.
- Kul Tiras: 15-25 leveling zone for all playable races.
- Dragon Isles: Level 90-91 zone. A group of islands which are inhabited by Dragons.
- Dwarven Highlands: Level 91-92 shattered mountain range with ancient secrets of the dwarfs and elementals.
- Zandalar: Level 92-93 island which is located south of the Maelstrom. This zone is the homeland of the trolls where all sub-races lived.
- Frostland: Level 93-94 snowy region located in the north-eastern end of Kalimdor.
- Burning Gorge: Level 94-95 zone located in the Eastern Kingdoms. It is the place where the Titans chained N'Zoth.
Dungeons and raids
Factions and organizations
Factions and organizations are highlighted in the expansion. These factions and organizations are expected to play major or minor roles for the end-game and leveling content include the following:
- Brownhood tribe - a new tribe where many centaurs from the Gelkis clan, Kolkar clan, and Magram clan have united at the request of Khan Kammah, Khan Leh'Prah, and Khan Shodo. The Brownhood tribe will aid the Alliance in various locations.
- Highland tribe - a large and civilized tribe of Vrykul that remained hidden in the mountains of Northrend when the Scourge ruled the continent. They all came out of hiding and traveled far south where they join the Alliance.
- Perenolde Legion - a large organization that was formed by the Arathians, the Syndicate, the Gilneas Liberation Front, the Stormpike Guard, and many survivors from Northern Lordaeron.
- Scarlet Vanguard - a reformed organization of the Scarlet Crusade that has joined the Alliance. Under the leadership of Joseph, the Scarlet Vanguard will be stationed on Zandalar to battle of the Zandalari Empire.
- Thassarian Military - a military of death knights that were once living, hostile beings towards both factions. They are led by Thassarian.
- Winterskorn tribe - a race of Vrykul warriors that allied themselves with the Scourge. After the deaths of King Ymiron and the Lich King, all these formidable warriors from this tribe have joined the noble Alliance.
- Blightcallers - a large group of Forsaken under the leadership of Nathanos Blightcaller. Following Galen Trollbane's corruption and his plan to destroy Northern Lordaeron, the Blightcallers must put an end to Trollbane's rule and prevent him from destroying Northern Lordaeron.
- Deathweavers - a military of death knights that were once living, hostile beings to both factions. They are led by Koltira Deathweaver.
- Dragonflayer clan - a race of Vrykul warriors that allied themselves with the Scourge. After the deaths of King Ymiron and the Lich King, all these formidable warriors from this clan have joined the barbaric Horde.
- Splithoof tribe - a new tribe where many centaurs from the Galak tribe, Krenka tribe, and Stonetalon tribe, have united. The Splithoof tribe will aid the Horde in various locations.
- Centaur Marauders - a clan or group of centaurs that were ancestral enemies of the tauren and the Horde. Following the cataclysm and the awakening of N'Zoth, the Centaur Marauders have fled Kalimdor and joined the Zandalari Empire during their journey to Zandalar.
- Farraki tribe - a large, reformed tribe of Desert Trolls that deserted the Zandalari after their failure in reclaiming their former glory. Hoping to rebuild their civilization in Zul'Farrak, the Sandfury trolls are fighting against the Dark trolls of the Zoth Empire.
- Maraudine clan - a clan of centaurs that occupy in the Valley of Spears and maintain the temple of Maraudon. Preparing for war against the other centaur clans or tribes, the Maraudine centaurs have become allies with the Zoth Empire.
- Outcasts - a group of exiled centaurs that practice necromancy. The formidable necromancers have left Kalimdor and allied themselves with a few remnants of the Scourge, raising fallen centaurs as undead Marrow Knights.
- Trollbane Formation - a major faction that was formed by Galen Trollbane, who took Sylvanas Windrunner's place as leader of the Forsaken. However, Trollbane leads his faction to destroy Northern Lordaeron after Windrunner's death.
- Zandalari Empire - a corrupted faction that was formed by the Zandalar tribe. Under the rule of Emperor Rastakhan, the Zandalari Empire plans an uprising against the Alliance and Horde.
- Zandalari Rebellion - a small resistance of Zandalari trolls that refused to support Rastakhan, who has gone corrupt over his own people.
- Zoth Empire - a formed faction that has arose in the world of Azeroth under the rule of N'Zoth. The Zoth Empire will play a major part in the expansion where they
Among the many figures confirmed to have major roles in the story of expansion are:
- N'Zoth is the main antagonist of the expansion. He will play a major role in questing and end-game content, and is expected to be the final boss of the expansion (in a later patch).
- High King Anduin Wrynn becomes the King of Stormwind and leads the Alliance during N'Zoth's return. He is willing to put great changes and search for answers in defeating the Old God.
- Vol'Jin has earned the title as Warchief of the Horde and plans to repair everything that Garrosh committed. After expanding the Horde, Vol'jin leads the Horde to fight against N'Zoth and the Zoth Empire.
- Garrosh Hellscream returns for vengeance in the expansion. Ever since Vol'jin took the mantle as Warchief, Garrosh joins the Zoth Empire and would be used as the vessel of N'Zoth.
- Nathanos Marris, one of the greatest champions of the Forsaken, is expected to play a major role. Following the awakening of N'Zoth and Galen Trollbane's plan to destroy Northern Lordaeron, Nathanos forms a rebellion while gathering many Forsaken to stand against Galen and his followers.
- Jaina Proudmoore moves to the city of Dalaran to Frostland and leads the Kirin Tor to battle the Zoth Empire.
- Galen Trollbane becomes the leader of the Forsaken after Sylvanas Windrunner's death. However, he becomes very corrupt and plans to destroy Northern Lordaeron with a powerful nuclear bomb. He will be the first boss after players complete their quests.
- Wrathion returns in the expansion. Following the awakening of N'Zoth, Wrathion leads a new reformed faction called the Black Ravens and plan to fight against N'Zoth and his forces in the Dragon Isles.
- Brann Bronzebeard leads a group of recruited dwarves in the Explorer's League to the Dwarven Highlands. He continues his journey in finding more secrets about the Titans and N'Zoth.
- King Rastakhan prepares to wage an uprising against the Alliance and Horde on Zandalar. He will be the second boss of the expansion.
- Rexxar returns for a big role in the expansion. He is promoted to General after Nazgrim's death and leads his Horde forces to fight against N'Zoth.
- Taran Zhu leads the Shado-Pan to aid the Alliance and Horde in finding Hellscream.
- Talgath makes his appearance in the expansion where he is transformed into a Draenei and becomes the leader and the new Prophet of the Naaru after Velen's death. He is expected to play a major role in the expansion.
Detailed expansion alterations/updates
PvE and PvP
- Dark elves - a sub-race of elves that have been summoned to serve N'Zoth. Along with the Dark trolls, they will be the main enemies to the Alliance and Horde.
- Dark trolls - a sub-race of trolls that have been summoned to serve N'Zoth. Along with Dark elves, they will be the main enemies to the Alliance and Horde.
- Eredar - a race of talented magic-wielders that were corrupted by the Burning Legion. Thousands were brought and captured by the Alliance to be cured from their corruption. Playable Draenei will start as the corrupted Eredar.
- Felblood elves - a race of blood elves that were corrupted by Burning Legion. Many were captured by the Horde since Lor'Themar Theron believed that they cane be healed from the corruption. Playable Blood elves will start as Felblood elves when a trio of healers arrive to their cages and cure them.
- Fel orcs - more than thousands of these demonic humanoids have been captured by the Horde. Neeru Fireblade and Pargath Throatsplitter have have developed a cure which would turn all Fel orcs into pureblood orcs. Grillok "Darkeye" was among the first to consume the cure and was no longer corrupt. Playable Orcs will start as Fel orcs when Doctor Pargath Throatsplitter arrives to their cages and cures them.
- Minotaurs - a race of bull-like humanoids that never existed in the world of Azeroth. Following the awakening of N'Zoth, Minotaurs have risen and began a rampage throughout Kalimdor. However, thousands were captured and brought before the Horde since Baine Bloodhoof believed they can be saved and turned into ordinary Tauren. Playable Tauren will start as Minotaurs where they are locked in cages and transformed into ordinary Tauren by Maruff Grandhorn.
- Naga - an ancient race of Kaldorei who mutated into vengeful humanoid sea serpents. Thousands have been captured and brought before the Alliance to be turned back into ordinary Night elves. Playable Night elves will start as Naga inside a cage where they are cured.
- Worgen - large, lupine humanoids that were savage throughout Azeroth and the Emerald Dream. After reclaiming Gilneas, King Genn Greymane sent travelers to capture many worgen throughout the world and cure them in order to increase the numbers in the Alliance. Playable Worgen will start savage where they are held in cages in Duskhaven, the new starting zone.