Legacy of the Lich King - Northrend Expansion Edit
- The walrus people of tuskarr found out that they can't stand against the forces of the Scourge alone, but found allies in the recently arrived Horde. Their capital is Frozentusk.
- A faction of furbolgs living on an island close to Northrend decided to actively aid the Night Elves and the Alliance in fighting the Scourge that blights the Roof of the World. Capital is Chillwood Hold.
Note: Tuskarr and Furbolg capitals are actually only big settlements (but not as large as Orgrimmar or Ironforge), so the new adventurers from two new races may start in hospitable areas. Their real capital cities (Kaskala and Grizzlemaw) are not accessible early in the game, as they are lying in hostile zones of Northrend and are used as main bases of the Alliance and the Horde against the Lich King.
- ?? - Level 1-10
- ?? - Level 10-20
- ?? - Level 1-10
- ?? - Level 10-20
Western Northrend (Horde preferable)
- Southern Borean Tundra - Level 68-73
- Northern Borean Tundra - Level 71-76
- Sholazar Basin - Level 74-78
- Coldarra - Level 76-79
- Western Icecrown Glacier - Level 78-80
Eastern Northrend (Alliance preferable)
- Howling Fjord - Level 68-73
- Grizzly Hills - Level 71-76
- Zul'Drak - Level 75-78
- Crystalsong Forest - Level 77-80
- Storm Peaks - Level 78-80
- Southern Dragonblight - Level 74-78
- Northern Dragonblight - Level 77-80
- Inner Kingdom - Level 75-78
- Upper Kingdom - Level 77-80
- Old Kingdom - Level 77-80
- Icecrown Glacier - excluding Western Icecrown Glacier, separated from it's western part is not yet available
Access to Northrend:
New Underground Zone of Azjol-Nerub Edit
Venture into the depths of ancient nerubian empire of Azjol-Nerub and face it's perils!
- Upper Kingdom - A section that lies in the upper parts of Azjol-Nerub, is controlled mainly by the undead Scourge, led by mighty Anub'arak, ancient king of Nerubian Empire. Much of it's area was destroyed during the War of the Spider, which took place here. The Lich King's undead reopened damaged passages and cleared rubble-filled tunnels. Many enterances to this area exist in northern Dragonblight, though those are perilous, as they're filled with both undead and monsters. There is a safe passage, though, but only if your faction is the one that claims it...
- Doorward - The main enterance to the area, formerly held by a group of dwarves, now left empty after Arthas' run through it. Be the first one to claim it for your own faction. Defeat the standing forces of enemy faction to reclaim if for yourself!
- Old Kingdom - One section which lies lowest of all of Azjol'Nerub, is controlled by neutral Nerubians (Inner Kingdom) and Faceless Ones. Area not maintained by anyone, as the Nerubians fear the ancient evil that lies down below, and the Scourge never descended this far, meaning that long forgotten treasures lie here waiting for brave adventurers to claim them. Face it perils, fight the subterranean aberrations and stand in the way of a mighty Old God.
- Inner Kingdom - A part of Old Kingdom, held by those Nerubians who didn't gave up to the Lich King. Help them in their (and yours too) fight agains the undead forces of the Lich King, as well as the forces of an Old God, who resides down below...
New Factions Edit
- Grizzlemaw Village
- Thor Modan
- Icemist Village
- Bloodmar Magnataur
- The only tribe of nomadic magnataur that sees dealing with outsiders as benefitting. Help them defend their village against the forces of the Scourge and aid them in their fight against the ice trolls, and you shall be greatly rewarded.
- Drakkari Tribe
- The Drakkari tribe of trolls fights not only the undead hordes of the Lich King, but also the marauding Bloodmar Magnataur raiders. If you will aid them, they will help you and your faction.
- Eye of Nerub
- The remnants of the Nerubian Empire led by Queen Nefe'herata seek help in their fight against the Faceless Ones of the Forgotten One, the sixth Old God, as well as Anub'arak's crypt fiends that are trying to bolster their forces with new undead Nerubian warriors.
- Brood of Malygos
- Threatened by the Lich King, Blue Dragon Aspect Malygos left the Nexus, his ancient citadel to his trusted Blue Dragonflight. Unfortunately, the citadel was recently taken by the Scourge. The Blue Dragons now reside in Wyrmrest Temple, and will gladly use help of adventurers to retake their home in Coldarra.
- The Nexus in Coldarra
- An ancient ice fortress in the center of Coldarra is constantly assaulted by Lich King's Scourge. The Blue Dragonflight wants your help to get rid of the undead forces that overrun the home of Blue Dragon Aspect, Malygos.
- Ulduar in Storm Peaks
- Third ancient vault of the Titans, controlled by storm giants, and their crystal golem minions.
- Throne of the Nerub
- Lying in the Upper Kingdom, area dominated by the Scourge's forces, is the throne chamber of Anub'arak, ancient king of the Nerubians. Face him and vanquish the right hand of the Lich King.
- Lair of the Forgotten One
- Everyone was told that there were five Old Gods in Azeroth... They didn't know about one more, the Forgotten One. He rules in the deep Old Kingdom, where he commands hordes of Faceless Ones. Weakened by the fight against Arthas and Anub'arak, he is still powerful enough to be a dangerous adversary. Use his temporary weakness to crush him once and for all!
New Outdoor Events Edit
Scourge Frontline The Lich King sends his Scourge army to burn to the ground the outposts of those who oppose him. Help both your faction forces as well as neutral faction town your faction is allied with and defend it against the undead minions!
- Icemist Village (Horde town)
- Grizzlemaw (Alliance town)
- Bloodmar Village (Bloodmar Magnataur faction town)
- Gundrak (Drakkari Trolls faction town)
- Scripted battles of combined player characters and computer-controlled NPCs! Stand arm to arm with your brethren, the mighty magnataur or cunning trolls and don't allow the waves of undead warriors to break through!