WoW is now dirt cheap at the US Blizzard Store!
- $5 WoW Battle Chest (Classic World of Warcraft + Burning Crusade expansion)
- $10 Wrath of the Lich King expansion
- $20 Cataclysm expansion
That's basically $35 for everything through Cataclysm!
...and now also on sale (but sadly not as good a deal) at the EU Blizzard store!
- €9.99 WoW Battle Chest (Classic World of Warcraft + Burning Crusade expansion)
- €24.99 Wrath of the Lich King expansion
- €24.99 Cataclysm expansion
Basically €60 for the lot.
Read more >
- I will try to keep this blog post up to date and modify it based on commentary.
- Commentary on casuals...
As much press as hardcore players get around World of Warcraft, the difference in making money or not for Blizzard Entertainment is not the hardcore players. Hardcore players don't represent the majority of players, but use up a vast majority of the resources in the game. This is because it is obvious that Blizzard spends a majority of its time catering to hardcore players. They spend inordinate amounts of time creating, refining and tweaking top-level raids, creating and tinkering with itemization for top-level raids and heroic instances, and responding to complaints and support requests from raiders. Blizzard is falling into the squeaky…
Read more >
I'm just going to excerpt this crazy advice article.
- I’m paying my tween son to farm gold for me in World of Warcraft. My wife is horrified; I equate it with paying him to mow the lawn. Am I a terrible dad?
- ...While your kid will be better served by pulling weeds, that doesn’t mean you have to give up your dream of becoming a level-85 Night Elf. There are plenty of Chinese firms willing to fatten any WOW character’s coffers for a fee. Or perhaps you’d like to purchase Mr. Know-It-All’s account: Any interest in an orc shaman named after a Family Ties character? I’m looking to quit the game so I can spend more time with my son.
Oh great, so now Wired.com is recommending going to a Gold farmer service over paying one of your kids to farm go…
Read more >
This blog is created only to test if red links show up for non-existent pages linked in comments.Read more >
As a semi-lore junky, I was very intrigued by the answers given in Round 1 of the Ask Creative Development forum posts. Unfortunately, Round 1 ended with an ominous quote from Bashiok: Expect answers sometime between next Monday and when the Moon escapes the Earth’s orbit!
Well, apparently the moon got mad at being involved with the CDev process and got them to answer Round 2 under threat. It is definitely worth a read. While several of the answers are elliptical, they settle alot of questions that have probably been lingering for those interested in Warcraft lore.
Here are some select doozies:
Any other lore junkies out there?Read more >