Earlier today the Blizzard class designers, along with Community Managers Zarhym and Bashiok, sat down with Warcraft players to reveal some interesting tidbits about upcoming class changes with Mists of Pandaria. In a nutshell, here are some of the highlights. The full transcript can be found here.
- Changes are on the horizon for Runeforging, but nothing shared as of yet.
- The new ability, Gorefiend's Grasp, will allow Death Knights to multiple targets. As if there needed to be another cool factor: the area pulled to can be focused on an enemy, an ally, or yourself.
- Trying to make all forms useful, regardless of spec.
- will be base ability for Feral and Guardian druids.
- A new base ability will be given to Restoration and Balance druids that grants Attack power from Intellect.
- will go to Feral druids and not Guardian druids.
- no longer causes a bleed debuff. It is usable from any facing - usable by both Feral and Guardian druids.
- will be Feral only, offering slightly more DPS than Mangle, but useable only behind a target.
- and will be rolled into Wild Charge.
- Incarnation for Balance druids will transform them into Chosen of Elune, increasing spell damage and Solar/Lunar power generated.
- Will lose .
- Will be able to equip melee weapons, if only for looks.
- and will have their Daze component removed; players will still lose their speed buff when struck, however.
- Can choose to melee DPS-heal or heal from range.
- For healers, Roll may cost mana and receive a cooldown.
- Brewmasters will stand in a "drunken stance"; drinks will provide short-term buffs that replenish Ligh/Dark force/Chi
- Windwalkers (healing spec): maybe able to summon health globes (up to 5) to position in an area; allies can run through globes to replenish health.
- cooldown will be removed.
- will have a six second cooldown, 30 yard range, and generate one Holy Power.
- Will get "Spirit Shell", apparently a sort of shield intended for tanks, that won't result in Weakened Soul.
- The totem buffs that are being removed will be changed to something like auras instead.
- Infernal Embers: the resource for Destruction locks, will be built up by an target. Infernal Embers increase the power of the next single / by 10%, consuming all Embers. As the lock gains more Embers, they slowly ignite.
- Unknown what other abilities will consume/generate Embers.
- Soul shards: will passively regenerate out of combat at a rate of 1 per 45 seconds, but also generated by .
- will have a 15 second cooldown; each ability can only be soulburned once a minute; new Soulburn abilities will be added, such as Soulburn: Curse - curses apply to all targets within x range of the target
- Grimoire of Supremacy will allow the upgrading of a Felguard into a Wrathguard
- is given to all locks at level one; at level 40, it changes for each spec: Affliction (Malefic Grasp), Demonology (Demonic Slash, in ), Destruction (Incinerate).
- Looking at stances, specifically making Battle Stance for single-target and Berserker Stance for AE target
- Some core rotational abilities may generate rage.
- Fury spec will gain Wild Strike, an off-hand attack without 's cast time. Bloodsurge proc would allow three Wild Strikes on a one-second cooldown, also having the debuff.
- Not happy with Prime Glyphs and may remove them.
- Intellect will no longer directly increase the size of the mana pool
- Spirit will remain pure regen stat for healers
- Want talents able to be changed out. Considering turning the Dust of Disappearance into a "training manual" to work for both talents and glyphs.